PDA

View Full Version : I purchased two kits to teach myself to knit and crochet...

boonpnutsmom
03-31-2005, 07:56 PM
while I am stuck in the house for 4 weeks. I have misplaced the whole bag that they were in, along with some lime green string that I need to finish some pillows I am making. If you were a WALMART bag and you got put on the side for kids not to touch where would you be hiding??? I have looked everywhere, normally all craft things are kept in my office or in my locked cabinet in the dining room. I have throughly cleaned both of these areas and can't find them anywhere. Suggestions please and prayers that I can find them. Starting tomorrow morning I can't leave the house for four weeks, I need these.

boonpnutsmom
04-01-2005, 01:17 AM
NEVER MIND IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE!!!! :blush :blush :blush

Thia
04-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Glad you found them! Have fun!

CelticJourney
04-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Well my answer was going to be "It would be hiding where ever my lap harp is that I put up so that the little one didn't get it and now I can't find either". So, now that you found your materials, is there by any chance a lap harp in the same location? ;)

boonpnutsmom
04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Elizabeth, DH's answer was .... I knew you put it there!!!! I have been looking for over a week, couldn't he had said something sooner??? Hope you find your lap harp.

Soliloquy
04-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Well maybe someone can tell me where my wallet is . . . the last time I had it was checking out at Wal-Mart and none of my credit cards got used so I'm assuming no one stole it . . . I'm wondering if I stuffed it in a wal-mart bag and then it got thrown out . . . what is it with wal-mart bags?

Anyway, I've been wanting to learn how to knit for years (why I initially opened this thread.) What kits did you buy and are they easy to follow? Are you learning to knit? Thx!

CelticJourney
04-15-2005, 06:02 AM
Well, after 6 months of looking, I did find the lap harp this week!!!! We have a large armoir that I store homeschool materials, etc in in our livingroom. There is a section that is not exposed when the door is opened, but it is very shallow, so I didn't think about it. That is where the harp was, covered by a notebook.

So we have found the knitting, and the lap harp - there is hope for the wallet!

When I started knitting, I went to a local store and they taught me. I used a book written for children that I checked out of the library for reminders.

boonpnutsmom
04-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Sorry, I just saw this....

The kits I got are from Walmart and frokm my online craft club thing, will have to look that one up but here are the names....

I Taught Myself Knitting kit number 6398
I Taught Myself to Crochet kit number 6397
- by Boye/Wrights it caught my attention because it has a left-handed section

The other kit I got was a Tunisian Crochet kit with NEEDLES - by Annie's Attic book number 874612
Needles came with it - 16206X

I have been so busy with taxes and dr s appts haven't had a chance to sit down and do anything yet, going try to this weekend.