PDA

View Full Version : How would you react?

milkmommy
03-31-2005, 06:49 PM
I took Cecilia to the park this morning their were three highschool aged kids their (the park is right behind the local HS) Well after a while they were getting a little rough so I asked them to please be careful and to watch out for the little ones. The two girls kinda laugh and said. Were Homeschooled were "allowed" to be here. At this point the parent sitting next to me goes :rolleyes and makes some snide remark on HS. Latter one of their kids asks Whats homeschooling? (maybe 4) and her mom just says it means they stay home and don't go to school.. (in a tone that sounded quite rude)
here is my issue, I don't believe these kids were HS... I think they were just skipping school. So 1) Would you as true HS responded? How would you respond to your kids if they asked. Like would you say they are sosposed to be in school..

Deanna

CelticJourney
03-31-2005, 07:07 PM
"You may be homeschooled, but that has nothing to do with the fact that you are being too rough and may injure my child"
"If your parent's are concerned enough to homeschool you, I am certain they are concerned enough to teach you caution around little children and, of course, manners"

Ok, then the unkind me would add "Also, all homeschoolers are required to have an accountability group that can attest to that fact and you should be able to tell me what yours is, but my bet is that if I were to contact the high school behind us, they might possibly be looking for you?"