PDA

View Full Version : The curious child

Mamatoto
03-31-2005, 02:30 PM
My dd must ask about 20 million questions a day.

I think she needs more to do than ask me questions all day. :lol Is there a good type of curriculum (AHHH-I actually said the word :shifty) that we can use as a RESOURCE to our unschooling? *I* need some ideas and answers to her curiousity and projects to sort of guide her into to learn things herself. A very natural sort of resource.

If this question is totally unclear it is because I am totally unclear on what direction I am heading with her. :doh I am just gathering some ideas because she is so intense and curious in her learning style that it's just not cutting it to send her outside to dig up worms or something. :rolleyes She is so advanced and her desire to learn is just insatiable. I'm trying to be relaxed but she is just like "More mama, more. I want to learn more and more..." Okay, there is a candle in the fog there. Does anyone else have a clue what I am expressing here? :candle

;)

Mamatoto
04-01-2005, 10:30 AM
I found a book last night to answer my own question. It is called "Your Gifted Child" and the ideas in there are really inspiring. :tu

jujubnme
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Have you checked out http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/ yet?

Kasi
04-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Ok, I just have to make a plug here:

Have you checked out Usborne's new "Ten Terrific Weeks" sets?? They are theme sets with coordinating books and activity guide...ideas & activities (reading, internet activities, field trips, crafts, cooking, etc) for each day of the week for 10 weeks. They are so cool!