PDA

View Full Version : Any good mushroom recipes?

bunbunmama
03-31-2005, 09:16 AM
We LOVE :heart mushrooms!! But usually I don't know what to do with them, so I'll just saute them or put them in stir-fry. Does anyone have any other good ways to use them? The only thing is, I can't make anything that requires the use of soy sauce or anything else that might have MSG in it...it gives DH migraines. Thanks in advance for your ideas!!

expatmom
04-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Hmm, let me think....

We love mushrooms too. Usually we use them in stir fry's or pasta dishes. For chicken pasta, I fry some small pieces of chicken breast with some onion, garlic, sundried tomatoes & mushrooms. Add a little cream then toss with pasta. Yummy!

Sometimes I lightly saute them & then add them to cream of mushroom soup. Or we add them to scrambled eggs/omlettes. I have a good sole recipe with mushrooms, tomatoes & onions. Our favourite way is to fry them in a bit of butter with Montreal steak spice.

cannuke
04-02-2005, 02:14 PM
My neighbor taught me this one. It's really just fried mushrooms, but SO yummy!

Put a bunch of sliced mushrooms in a pot (not a frying pan, they take up too much room!) and add some butter. Start frying, then add some soy sauce part way through the process. Cook until the mushroom are as done as you want.

We serve these with steak or burgers.

It may not be new, but I hadn't seen it until my neighbor showed me.

jujubnme
04-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Can your dh eat Worcestershire sauce? If so, you could just substitute it for the soy sauce in the last post. That's how my mom used to make mushrooms for hamburgers :). My friend made a yummy mushroom soup that my ds loved, but I don't have the recipe to share. You can put raw mushrooms in your tossed salad. You could make a stuffed mushroom snack: take the stems out of whole mushrooms, fill with a garlic soft cheese like Boursin, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake in the oven (or I'm sure there are plenty of recipes online to make the stuffing from scratch). Put 'em on pizza.... Oh, the possibilities! ;) :yum

puddleduck
04-09-2005, 02:00 AM
This works well for the big field mushrooms-It would be a bit fiddly fro smaller ones.
Mash some garlic, pepper,salt and lemon juice-chilli as well if you like it (as much or little as you like) into some butter and rub into the bottom bit of your mushrooms.
Bake them at 375 until done (about 20 minutes).
Eat as a veggie or chop them up over pasta.

I often throw them into stews or spaghetti sauce as well. Love em.

HTH