PDA

View Full Version : swim time

apbfmom
03-30-2005, 02:16 PM
What is your favorite swim diaper? My dd will be 17 months old when we go to Florida, and I don't know what she should wear in the pool.

Also, what about footwear? We will be going to the beach, do they make water shoes in toddler sizes?

Thanks!

2sunshines
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
To answer one of your questions, yes they make water shoes for toddlers.

We used them all the time with our little ones at the lake. They worked great.

believer
03-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I used whatever swim diapers were on sale the cheapest that I had a coupon for. The luvs have lots of elastic - seems odd to me, but they work.

2sunshines
03-31-2005, 08:14 AM
What is your favorite swim diaper?

Are you interested in the disposable kind of the reusable kind?

apbfmom
03-31-2005, 09:42 AM
Are you interested in the disposable kind of the reusable kind?

I didn't know there were reusable swim diapers, please tell me more..

2sunshines
03-31-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh yea, there are a lot of them! Similar to a cloth diaper, but without absorbency (only to catch poop -- just like the disposable kind).

You can buy them at most of your regular stores too. My mil bought me one from Meijers (our grocery/discount store). You can also buy them from most cloth diaper distibuters online.

They use it for the swim, and then you can wash it (or rinse it) and use it again.

We use them all the time.

2sunshines
03-31-2005, 10:05 AM
I found some here:

www.naturalbabies.com (http://www.naturalbabies.com)

Click on "swim diapers" down the left column.

She's who I bought my cloth diapers from.

I'm sure anyone who sells cloth diapers also sells swim diapers.

Radosny Matka
03-31-2005, 03:17 PM
I just use an unstuffed pocket diaper - works great.

apbfmom
03-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh yea, there are a lot of them! Similar to a cloth diaper, but without absorbency (only to catch poop -- just like the disposable kind).

I feel silly asking this but help me understand how the urine and bm's do not get into the pool?

2sunshines
03-31-2005, 07:16 PM
The urine does get into the pool. No swim diaper absorbs urine, cloth or disposable. The purpose of the swim diaper is simply to hold the bm in so that it doesn't get into the pool. Basically, the elastics around the legs and at the top would hold the bm in.

snlmama
03-31-2005, 08:37 PM
My kids are out of diapers, but I bought one of the reuseable cloth ones at Target when they were in diapers and loved those. They usually have them in the section w/ the onsies and stuff in the Spring and are sold out by summer. They cost less than a pack of the disposable ones.

lotsomama
03-31-2005, 09:23 PM
No swim dipe advice but, "Saltwater" (that's the brand name) sandals are nice and come in very small sizes. They are well made enough to last through a couple kiddos too and they have nice flexible soles. The shoe store clerk thats still left in me wants to keep going, so I'll step away from the computer now and go change my shoes!
-Beverly