PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO jelous

akmyilee
03-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Ok, I just looked at ya'lls baby wearing pictures and I SO want a sling. I like my wrap but it takes so long to get on and off that I don't bother with it sometimes. I don't have the money to just buy a 50 or more dollar thing, I am trying to save up to start Cloth Diapering. ANYWAY, anyone that has made there own sling...........how? I have tons of material lying around and I am fairly handy on the sewing machine, made my own wrap but all that was was hemming. Where do you get the rings? how much are they? TIA

ArmsOfLove
03-30-2005, 12:41 PM
there are some great patterns online, but you can also often find them for $10 or so in second hand stores because a lot of people can't figure them out ;)

waremock
03-30-2005, 12:51 PM
http://www.ida.net/users/stace/sling.html

MarynMunchkins
03-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Oh, I like Jan's pattern the best! :tu www.sleepingbaby.net The pleated shoulder is really comfortable. :)

I bought my rings from www.slingrings.com, and they were about $3 a pair. I think it was $6 with shipping, so I ended up buying a bunch and making a sling for all my pregnant friends. ;)

And if I can make a sling, you'll have no problem. My sewing skills are pathetic. :P

lotsomama
03-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Have you checked back to the mamatoto site recently? They added patterns for sewing various carriers - not just the wonderfly easy to make wrap.
Update me if you find something you like.
Also - you may want to consider sewing your own cloth dipes (my stash is about 1/2 done) it can be as complicated or simple as you want to make it. Check this out http://fernandfaerie.com/frugaldiapering.html for some great ideas to get started with!
Blessings,
Beverly

akmyilee
03-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Ok, I am sling crazy now, I have to say though it isn't as comfortable as my wrap being on two sholders I have upper back problems but I am doing excerises hopefully that will help. BUT anyway, I am about to make another one and then I am going to try to do the diapers off of that web site that lotsamama just gave me. Thanks to all :) :heart

lotsomama
03-31-2005, 08:23 PM
OOh! OOh! Did you make one? :clap Which one? DH wants one cause the wrap thing seems too complicated to him. He wants me to make it for him though (I think he might be a little jealous of the baby ;)). Glad you like the cd site!
-Beverly

akmyilee
04-01-2005, 05:00 AM
The one that I made isn't off of the mamatoto site but I think they have it on there too, It was SO easy I am telling you, I will take a couple of pitures of the two that I have made just with stuff laying around the house. These are off of this site that a pp gave me. I had to make some adjustments with the first one to get the size right but all iyou do is a french seam and hem the long edges. I tried to make the secound one lined but I didn't have enough material. http://www.ida.net/users/stace/sling.html I might make another one today if I dno't get too frustrated making Cloth Diapers. I am goign to try to make them out of Tshirts and fleece blankets that I have, then I will have to go to walmart and get velcro or pens? we'll see, I guess that is for another forumn though huh? I'll post some pictures later

lotsomama
04-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the link! I'll have to try it this weekend!