PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have great fabric sources? ISO a specific type of fabric...

MySeoulChild
03-30-2005, 08:51 AM
I'd like to make Mickey themed lu'au outfits for the family and need to find a floral/tropical/hawaiian mickey print.

I can't seem to find it anywhere. :(

Anyone know a source for hard-to-find items?
Thanks!

bunbunmama
04-01-2005, 12:22 PM
I tried looking for you...I found already made items with a Hawaiian theme here: http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=13905

But I have not yet been able to find the fabric....they may not be selling the fabric if they want to make money off ready-made items. I'll keep looking, though!

MySeoulChild
04-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks so much!
It looks like they've added some things that I didn't realize - so that's cool :)
I might just have to suck it up and pay their (ridiculous) prices! :)

sarahandmadelinesm
04-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I am going WAAY back in my information on this (I worked as a textile designer in the very early 1990's), but Disney fabric is liscensed, so the sources are limited. I forget the manufacturer, but you can buy many liscensed characters, including Mickey, at Walmart. Most quilt/regular fabric stores don't carry it.
One thing you can do, thoughto save some money is look for bed sheets in a fabric you like (with the right Mickey Look)--you will get a lot of fabric for the price, and the quality will be equivelant of what is available to the home sewer--about 200 thread count, cotton blend, usually.
Hope this helps:)

Garnet
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Anybody know where to find vintage style prints? :shrug

MySeoulChild
04-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Vintage Mickey or Vintage fabrics?

Try http://www.reprodepot.com/ for regular old vintage reproductions. They're so cute!

Also, Michael Miller fabrics have a good deal of "vintage" type prints.

Garnet
04-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Any vintage prints or vintage style prints. But mostly like oriental flowers 1970's, 1960's geometrics, baby prints from any era.....etc.

sarahandmadelinesm
04-09-2005, 01:19 PM
I like reprodepot for vintage (though my "likes" are more the 1930's flour sack prints).
Amy Butler has a very 1970's look line of fabrics out right now, some have an orient or gypsy feel--you might want to check them out. They are quilt fabrics, but 100% cotton, so can be used for a variety of projects.
If you have one nearby, a salvation army or goodwill might yeild some true vintage fabrics--in the form of table or bed linens, or other items with lots of "cloth" expanses to cut up.