PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite vegan chocolate?

flowermama
03-29-2005, 09:30 PM
anything chocolate -- cakes, cookies, chocolate bars, chocolate milk, etc.

Wax Orchards' Oh Fudge! fudge topping is sooo good. Here is a link to their website. I had no idea they had so many flavors available. :yum
http://www.waxorchards.com/fudge.htm

We tried Tader Joe's Rice Milk Chocolate Bars this weekend (in my kids' Easter Baskets :eek ) and, boy, they enjoyed them. :lol Now I need to buy one for myself. :O

I really don't eat that much chocolate, really, truly. :lol but I would if I could. ;) :hkiss and it's fun to dream about. :yum :P

What are your favorites? :)

Punkie
03-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Last week when I was visiting my parents, my mom found some vegan chocolate chips (also soy free) that she used to make oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies for my ds, and they were awesome! I'll have to ask her the brand...

Iarwain
03-30-2005, 09:15 AM
For straight chocolate Guittard's has one variety of good chocolate chips and Ghiradelli bittersweet baking chocolate is (I think) vegan and quite rich. I know it's dairy-free. That's the only variety that is, although they make hot chocolate mix that you can do with soy milk that has no dairy products in it. Nice thing about the Ghiradelli is that the baking bars are nice and big. :mrgreen I haven't checked labels for all animal products, just dairy as we have an allergic child, but I know that's the main issue with finding vegan chocolate.

Irene
03-30-2005, 10:41 AM
I would be interested in the soy free, dairy free choco chips!
the ghiradelli ones always say that they may contain milk protein :/ my kids still react :(

julbug
03-30-2005, 01:43 PM
For Christmas I ordered the Vegan sampler (I think that's what it's called) from Rose City Chocolates online and they threw in a vegan chocolate squirrel for free. Everything was delicious! :yum

ShangriLewis
03-31-2005, 11:52 AM
We tried Tader Joe's Rice Milk Chocolate Bars this weekend (in my kids' Easter Baskets :eek ) and, boy, they enjoyed them. :lol Now I need to buy one for myself. :O

I'm just making up my Trader Joe's list and I've never seen these before. I used to love chocolate but I've tried cutting it out to find that now I don't crave it anymore. I used to crave it like crazy when I was angry. It has taken a few months, but it seems to be working. Although, I saw the Sinfully Vegan cookbook at Barnes and Noble yesterday and the cake of the front cover looks so good.

Heather