PDA

View Full Version : Does your child (Is this normal?)

milkmommy
03-29-2005, 08:40 PM
:lol Does your child...
Lick everything in sight except food...
never really seem to play with toys but just move piles?
Think its really funny to give you their buggers? :rolleyes
think cornflakes found covered with dust behind the stero (where they've stored them) make tasty treats but forbid they eat dinner?
like the taste of cold coffee? :rolleyes
when you request something stand and look at both their arm and legs till they find a microscopic week old injury then coplase in pain? :doh
like to hide your bra?
decide their doll needs to be potty trained so throws them in the toliet :rolleyes
only want whats on Mommy's plate (never daddy's)
eat paper?
manage to push the redial on the phone only after a long distance call was made?

Deanna

lumpofclay
03-29-2005, 08:46 PM
so what do i win if i can reply 'yes' to most of them? :mrgreen

Charlie U
03-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Yes to most. And I'll add eat jelly beans off the floor of Target. *sigh*

Chris3jam
03-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Lick everything in sight except food...
never really seem to play with toys but just move piles?
think cornflakes found covered with dust behind the stero (where they've stored them) make tasty treats but forbid they eat dinner?
when you request something stand and look at both their arm and legs till they find a microscopic week old injury then coplase in pain? :doh
like to hide your bra?
decide their doll needs to be potty trained so throws them in the toliet :rolleyes
eat paper?
manage to push the redial on the phone only after a long distance call was made?

Deanna

:lol

And I can add, in order,
especially the TV and the dog (eww)
and hide components SO well they are NEVER found
think it's really funny to actually, deliberately wipe their boogers on your Sunday dress, or daddy's just-from-the-cleaners suit
eat dog food and pencils, but won't eat lunch
(nothing for the cold coffee)
mine don't even pretend to look for an injury, they just act like they've been shot, or are being interrogated by the Gestapo
like to WEAR my bra
(nothing for potty learning -- she has decided not to, so she sees no need to make her subjects do it, either -- the boys just spray everything down)
collapses in a drama fit worthy of Elizabeth Taylor when you give her the "wrong" plate, when you know very WELL you were supposed to read her mind to know which one was the plate-du-jour (sometimes Pooh-Bear, sometimes not) The boys just eat off the table (or floor) with their fingers
and pens
can dial 911 quite effectively. Also can dial LD phone calls herself. (though, what she has to talk about with someone in Japan, I don't know!)
:D

bostonsmama
03-29-2005, 09:04 PM
NO! oh my----is this a glimpse into my future?!?! :eek

lol, sounds like theres never a dull moment with cecilia! she's sooo cute :)

Heather
03-29-2005, 09:09 PM
LOL!!!

Sounds like you have one of my kiddos!!! :)

The bad thing is that when they have older siblings and the older ones laugh at them - it is just fuel for the fire! :)

mama2grace
03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Not yet, but...after she 'toots' she says out loud, "I have gas" with a big grin, and after she burps or anyone else within her hearing range burps, she exclaims,"Piggy!". The last one is thanks to my MIL, who after every single burp Grace has had since a baby, said, "Piggy!" to her. :doh

booboo
03-30-2005, 05:20 AM
Yes, I can relate to a lot of them.

Some others: My 4 yo dd's Pat the bunny goes potty on my makeup, sound effects included. :laughtears They make announcements that "Daddy is going poopies."
My 6 yo once freaked out the fact that "mommy's getting her period." :mrgreen

Where would we be without a sense of humor?

musicmama
03-30-2005, 06:08 AM
collapses in a drama fit worthy of Elizabeth Taylor when you give her the "wrong" plate, when you know very WELL you were supposed to read her mind to know which one was the plate-du-jour

For us yesterday it was a sippy cup. We have what, 6 different sippy cups, but she HAD to have the one that her brother had actually picked out with "want dat one". 30 mins later and 3 trips to her room in a fit of wails and tears, I'd reflected, validated, hugged and convinced her the that blue one was SO much cooler than the green one...then she took a sip and made sure to remind me that she was a BIG girl and wanted a regular cup (which I was originally going to give her!).

Ahh....4yos, who knew they were so much DRAMA!!!

Danette
03-30-2005, 06:50 AM
:laughtears Get out of my house!!

OnlyBelieve
03-30-2005, 08:14 AM
Yes, yes, yes....only no one hides my bra.....but they both like to hide in my bra :shifty

Piper2
03-30-2005, 08:24 AM
:lol

I guess one advantage to having a child whose auditory issues make him deathly afraid of the phone is that we never have to worry about him calling 911 or Japan! ;)

And licking things, sucking things, biting things...I've actually heard these words coming out of my mouth (recently):

"Kevin, chairs are not for biting."
"Kevin, please stop sucking on the doorknob."
"Kevin, don't lick the lampshade!"

:rolleyes

And he doesn't do anything with my bra except he calls it my b@@...sometimes I only wish I could take them off as easily! ;)

cklewis
03-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Just found this. :lol Makes me happy.

Just gave me a giggle. . . .

C

poleidopy
03-31-2005, 10:25 AM
ha, ha! :lol So I have this kind of stuff to look forward to? The only things Caleb does right now are eating things off the floor, paper is his favorite. In fact, this morning he had a green poopy diaper with BIG chunks of green, red, white AND pink construction paper! HOW did it come out whole? :shrug :eek Must have been :yum.

Radosny Matka
03-31-2005, 02:31 PM
ROFL! Kids will be kids.

Danette
04-01-2005, 03:44 AM
"Kevin, chairs are not for biting."
"Kevin, please stop sucking on the doorknob."
"Kevin, don't lick the lampshade!"

:laughtears :laughtears :laughtears

AttachedMamma
04-01-2005, 08:10 AM
The only things Caleb does right now are eating things off the floor, paper is his favorite. In fact, this morning he had a green poopy diaper with BIG chunks of green, red, white AND pink construction paper! HOW did it come out whole? :shrug :eek Must have been :yum.

Oh how sweet--his first art project. :laughtears

Miss Priss
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
eat paper?
Deanna

Yes, to all those things above- different children did them at different times, though. LOL
My 3rd dd was the funniest- she was the booger girl, she would come up to me and give her boogers to me like a cat leaves a dead mouse for its owners. "Look, Mommy, here's a booger. It came from *my* nose! I'm going to give it to you because I love you." :laughtears

Piper2
04-01-2005, 01:18 PM
[My 3rd dd was the funniest- she was the booger girl, she would come up to me and give her boogers to me like a cat leaves a dead mouse for its owners. "Look, Mommy, here's a booger. It came from *my* nose! I'm going to give it to you because I love you." :laughtears

Oh yeah, Kevin's starting to think it's funny to put his hand down the back of his pants or rub his feet and then stick his hand in your face! :sick

But I think that's more of a boy thing, though. My mom tells me about how her brothers used to, um...expell gas into their hands and then stick them in each other's faces. :rolleyes Once, though, one of them pushed a little too hard and more than gas came out into his hand, if you KWIM! :wow :blush ;)