PDA

View Full Version : Video editting software

2sunshines
03-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Has anyone had any experience with a video editting software?

We are currently looking into purchasing some kind of software that will allow us to take the footage off our video camera and put it in our computer and then edit it. I want something that is fairly straight forward to easy to figure out, but also something that can make really nice videos.

I'm looking for good and bad reviews. What do you have? What have you tried? What do you like and what do you not like?

SingingPraise
03-29-2005, 05:09 PM
I use PCtv Rave http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=512&Langue_ID=2

and really like it. I installed the card into my tower by myself (even managed to hook up the sound cables to th sound card the first time around)

it allows me to take my vhs/vhs-c footage and input directly into my computer. I now have a digital camera and can usb stream directly into my computer.

Then I use windows movie maker to edit - add transitions, titles, music etc.
I save to my hard drive and then use WINdvd creator to author the movie and burn to dvd's.
I've done all my home movies since we bought the camera the year zoey was born (almost 5 years ago) - about 30 movies and now folks are paying me to edit and burn their movies too :)

I've done birthday movies as gifts for friends too. Its really nice to take hours of boring home movies (i mean, c'mon its boring even if you are the star lol) and edit it into 15 minutes of a really fun upbeat movie with cuts/transitions, music etc.

hope this helps :)
Barb

2sunshines
03-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Barb,

Thanks for the recommendation.

It also made me remember that the software that I was looking at was the Pinnacle Studio.

Do you know how that is different from the Rave?

2sunshines
03-30-2005, 06:25 AM
bump

Anyone else?

Punkie
03-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Well, I absolutely adore iMovie, which comes with macs, but if you're using a pc, that's not much of a help :P

2sunshines
03-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Yep, no mac here... :(

Do you have any experience with any other software?

2sunshines
03-30-2005, 03:52 PM
bump again.

Desperately hoping for some more reviews...

cklewis
03-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Pinnacle Studio 8. That's what my DH uses. Got it free with the camera.

:tu

C

2sunshines
03-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks!

I was looking at that software. Almost bought it but thought that I should get some reviews first.

Could you ask him if it's user friendly? I mean, I'm not dumb when it comes to computers, but I also don't want to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do stuff. KWIM?

2sunshines
03-31-2005, 10:33 AM
bump again...

I really need some input. Just want to make sure that everyone who might have some input can see this thread... :mrgreen

cklewis
03-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Talked to DH. He said that Pinnacle Studio 8 is pretty user-friendly, and they probably have a newer version out now. He doesn't know what the perks are, but he's happy with the software.

HTH,

C