PDA

View Full Version : I need hearty breakfast ideas

Irene
03-29-2005, 02:53 PM
okay, I am tired of making something different for everyone in the mornings. :/I dont for dinner.

DD will eat 2 bowls of cereal, 2 eggs, and 8-16 oz of juice. :eek Ds will eat some cereal, but he really needs protein too. I usually wander around wondering what I am going to eat and then end up with corn chex. well, that has gluten in it and within 20 minutes I am in meltdown :cry I might as well not have eaten anything. I need protein too.
and we just cant seem to eat enough in the mornings. its like we are all grumpy at eachother until lunch time when I can feed them a big lunch. :neutral

here is what we are allergic to all together:
dairy
gluten
soy
eggs (ds and I)
grapes
orange
peach
tomato
beef
mushroom
sweet potato
almond
kidney bean
lima bean
peanut
pinto bean
rye
walnut
honey

dd is sensitive to high salycilates.

help please.... :)

snlmama
03-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Have you tried serving them lunch at bfast time? lol
I make sausage for my younger ds almost every a.m. I make a bunch up, then reheat it the next few days. That way he gets his protein. I often eat a little bit of turkey or something leftover from dinner the night before myself. :blush I don't really like many bfast foods. I boil eggs a couple of times a week for my older ds and let him eat until they are gone (he'll eat 2-3 each morning. :eek) If your dd likes eggs a lot it may be worth it even if you can't eat them. They are pretty good for you and you can boil them the night before.
Hash brown potatoes w/ sausage in them (for protein) or bacon?
Make smoothies w/ rice milk, ice and a fruit you can all have and add in some protein powder?