PDA

View Full Version : Any pressure cooker users out there?

Abinsmom
03-29-2005, 12:52 PM
I know a lot of you are crock-pot users and so was I until a few years ago when I bought a pressure cooker and discovered you don't have to sacrifice taste, texture, and nutrients in order to make cooking easy!

I love my pressure cooker and get great results from it. Any other pressure cookers out there? I'd love to exchange recipes!

flowermama
04-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I haven't used one, but my mom always tells me how great they are! I should look into it. :smile

Laurlor
04-12-2005, 05:36 PM
I have one that I've never used! My mom always makes the BEST pork roast with cabbage in hers, but for some reason it scares me to use it...is it easy???

Abinsmom
04-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Pressure cookers are as easy as using a crock pot, but pressure cookers don't make everything taste the same (like a crock pot does) and food retains it's nutrients (unlike a crock pot). I can cook a whole 3-lb chicken in 15 minutes and it tastes like I cooked it all day (the flavors of the vegetables infuse into the meat with the pressure -- it's delicious!).

You ought to give yours a try! There are several good pressure-cooking cookbooks out there that can help you learn how to use it.