PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter granola

greenemama
03-29-2005, 11:12 AM
oh my GOSH. this is so good. i can't stop picking at it and eating it. :) i was really craving granola but didn't have all of the stuff i usually use so i made this one up. :yum

1.5 c. honey
1c. canola oil
2 c. peanut butter (i used creamy but i bet crunchy would rock!)

melt these in a saucepan and stir until blended.

1 large container (42 oz?) oats
4 T. cinnamon (less if you're not in love with cinnamon :O)

blend all of it together.

bake on low oven (200 F) and stir around every five minutes or so. i did this for about half an hour.

tell me to stop eating it! i love peanut butter! :tu

crunchymum
03-29-2005, 04:31 PM
mollie! stop eating it! :P

*off to make a batch....* :shifty

Iarwain
03-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Mmmmm.... sounds so yummy. I love peanut butter and cinnamon together. Dh puts them in his ice cream.

greenemama
03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
ooh that sounds really good on ice cream.

i'm really really excited that henry likes the chunks of it. he hates peanut butter in general and i'm glad to get some into him. :)

did you make it jen? :yum :yum

crunchymum
03-31-2005, 08:53 AM
did you make it jen?

you know i did. :)

! stop me from eating the entire batch!!!!!!! :eek it's so very, very, yummy.

i did a half batch, since i didn't have enough peanut butter for a full one. i used trader joe's chunky ( chunky really does rock) . i think i did something wrong, though, not enough oats, maybe? i cooked it for a loooong time, like an hour or so? it was so worth the wait, though. mm. :yum i have to admit i had evil thoughts of chopping giradelli's milk chocolate into it after it cooled, but i composed myself. plus, it doesn't need it.

hey, i think there's some left. gotta go.

greenemama
03-31-2005, 08:56 AM
i don't like to have it be too crunchy so i guess that's why mine didn't take as long. plus my oven burns everything so maybe it just cooked faster?

i thought of chocolate, too. yummm. or craisins. :cookie :cookie :cookie

i will do junky when i buy some.

i'm so glad you made it! :yum :yum :yum

Iarwain
04-14-2005, 06:39 AM
I have been thinking about this stuff since this recipe was first posted. Our co-op truck day finally came and now I have plenty of peanut butter to make it. But I just realized I don't know how much oats to put in! Can anyone give me an approximate number of cups in one of the big containers? You shouldn't have to measure it all out, just multiply the amount in one serving by the number of servings listed on the nutrition label. My oats come in a 25# bag and I know that's too much! Also, forgive me for my ignorance but I've never made granola before, does it matter if you use quick oats or the old-fashioned kind? I have both.

Thanks!

gamomof2
04-14-2005, 08:58 PM
That sounds awesome, Mollie! Thanks for the recipe! We are a granola lovin' family, so I am sure it will be a big hit around here! :yum

kris10s
04-26-2005, 06:24 AM
42 oz. is about 15 cups.

Iarwain
04-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks. I did finally find some way of figuring the amount on some cooking website. 15 cups is what I used! It was yummy, but I got impatient and didn't leave it in the oven as long as I think I should have. It was a little on the chewy side but very yummy. I think next time I'll let it cook longer since I prefer my granola more crisp.