PDA

View Full Version : WAHOO! update to king size bed

akmyilee
03-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Ok, well we couldn't get the king (cause we can't afford it right now) BUT, we have moved around our whole upstairs and have a family bedroom (a twin and a queen stuck together)-- Kyle is SO excited about it. He only woke up once last night until the alarm went off this morning and he got up by himself and went to the bathroom came back to bed and went right back to sleep. It was GREAT! We are going to put all the toys and TV in our old bedroom and then all the clothes in the "babys room" the one that she has only even been in twice. Ok, well anyway, this is great. My husband doesn't do change very well so it is a huge accomplishment , I think it will be great for our family. I'll keep ya'll updated on how it works. :lol :lol :hearts

purstrength
03-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Congratulations! :clap I've considered doing what you've done...a sleeping room, a dressing room and a toy room.

DogwoodMama
03-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Cool! :) We were going to do that to, but realized we couldn't fit the queen & twin together! So we are stuck with the side-car crib. Oh well! Glad it's working out for you! :mrgreen

2sunshines
03-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah!!!

I wanted to do that.

My dh doesn't like the idea much...

But, we do have the toddler bed next to our bed and it works great for all of us!!!

AttachedMamma
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Sounds wonderful! Congratulations on your new arrangement. :) :heart

lmgeenw
04-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Sounds like it is working. We have two double beds in our room and we definitely get weird comments from people who visit. But it works for us and our kids are so proud of our big bed. My daughter used to bring everyone to our bedroom to show them her bed...

greenemama
04-07-2005, 05:39 AM
yeah! :tu

akmyilee
04-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks for all your encouragment.....We are still enjoying it, Kyle wakes up sometimes but I just pat his back or he curls up next to me and goes back to sleep. Most people think that we are nuts too and will have a terrible time getting them out of the bed when they are older but I guess we will deal with that when it comes. I kinda think that if they know that they can be in bed with us they will be less likely to be insistant on it?

lmgeenw
04-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I kinda think that if they know that they can be in bed with us they will be less likely to be insistant on it?

Exactly, our daughter was sleeping in her bed most of the night and would come in our room early in the mornings. My son kept waking her up though, so we tried to make her sleep in her own room all night. It totally backfired and she wanted to spend the whole night in our room Then we moved and she hasn't slept in her bed since.