PDA

View Full Version : Regular or Premium

Saphirah
03-28-2005, 08:56 PM
My ds is starting to grow out of his infant sized prefolds. I was wondering if I should skip a size and buy the premium instead of the regular size. I don't want to have to buy another size once he is close to potty training. Is the size difference that big once the diapers are quilted up? Right now he's 16lbs and 26.5 inches at six months. I use a snappi to put them on him and would like to keep doing that instead of just laying them in the covers.

milkmommy
03-28-2005, 08:59 PM
I really like the standard size prefolds they have a trimmer fit and work great in my pocket diapers Honestly unless you have a very heavy wetter I'd get some standard size for daytime use and premiums for night or longer streaches.

Deanna

Saphirah
03-29-2005, 07:42 AM
HMMM good to know about the heavy wetting ds is a heavy wetter. I'm not really concerned about the trim factor, bubble bottoms are so cute.

Heather
03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Ditto to Crankenpants!!! I LOVE the bubblebottom! :)

Saphirah
03-29-2005, 05:09 PM
I can't wait to see him with a bubble bottom and crawling :D

Larissa
03-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I have premiums...and they are soooo super absorbant! I used them on my toddler for a while...they only fit him when I trifolded them into a cover...he really needed the toddler size. But they were plenty absorbant enough for him!

Lady TS
03-30-2005, 04:01 PM
I have both premiums and regulars(organic) and use them both, just run them thru the rotation. I tend to reach for the premiums because I think they quilt up better, have an extra about 2-3" in the front that I still fold down and gives more absorbency, and I think they have two more layers in the middle than the regulars.

The one thing I do like my regulars over my premiums for is when I want a trim fit, or when I want my snappi to fit a little better. For some reason my regulars are just a tad wider and so they reach around and overlap a bit more in the front. If I was pinning, regulars would be my choice for this reason, because I would not be able to pin my premiums on my 33lb ds.

Saphirah
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
:D Thanks everybody for the info. I think I will go with the premium for the absorbancy and longevity factor. My dh already thinks I spend too much on diapers. :rolleyes