PDA

View Full Version : Is this pitiful or what?

Piper2
03-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Kevin wants soup for lunch, and I've set the timer on the stove so I won't get caught up on the computer and forget I've got water boiling! :rolleyes

lumpofclay
03-28-2005, 12:48 PM
That's normal. . . isn't it? :lol

Mothering by Heart
03-28-2005, 12:56 PM
You don't even want to know how many times I have boiled my teapot dry :doh

snlmama
03-28-2005, 01:24 PM
What's wrong w/ that. I've gotten busy w/ something and boiled eggs for so long that all the water boiled out and they burnt and stuck to the pan. :blush I set the timer for everything now!

OnlyBelieve
03-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Oh, that is normal. I have forgotten about things while I am here reading all the time. You are wise to be using a timer!!

Piper2
03-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Well, since I jumped on the FlyLady bandwagon last month, I've been using the timer for lots of things, but never this. I guess the thing that "bothers" me about it is, I don't remember my mother ever having to do anything like that -- she'd probably jump all over me for being "lazy" and not just standing in the kitchen waiting for the water to boil. :rolleyes But I can say, while I did scorch the bottom of a pot of chicken and rice one time, at least I've never forgotten anything with grease in it and had to call the fire department because the kitchen was on fire! :eek And she didn't even have the Internet to blame it on back then (it just messed up a couple of cabinet doors -- the worst damage was when the firemen turned the A/C on and blew smoke through the house so that they had to repaint all the ceilings).

Glad I'm not the only one who uses a timer this way...although I guess it would have been pretty cool if I found I'd come up with a novel idea on my own...I could have patented it! ;)