PDA

View Full Version : freecycle?

milkmommy
03-28-2005, 12:03 PM
What things are normal to ask for? I just asked if anyone has a stroller with DD really taking to it again I want something better than her little umbrella one but would like to avoid buying new. However now I feel strange I mean new these can run aover $100 so is it fair for me to ask?? I see a lot of posts for entire "homes of furniture" and those strike me as strange, kinda like taking avantage of a free thing KWIM? Maybe I'm just not used to this??
Maybe I'm making no sense?
Deanna

lenswyf
03-28-2005, 12:13 PM
I know what you mean. Some people do seem to ask for the moon. I don't think it would be rude to ask for a stroller that is more substantial than an umbrella stroller.

purstrength
03-28-2005, 06:38 PM
My opinion is that it never hurts to ask as long as you aren't breaking the "stupid" rules. (Rules that are only there because of stupid things people have done.) You never know what may be taking up space at someone's house! :)

Heather
03-28-2005, 06:43 PM
I agree.. I have seen people ask for things alot bigger than a good stroller. :)

BeckaBlue
03-28-2005, 07:14 PM
I think a stroller's fine too, lots of ppl give away strollers, it's not something unheard of, kwim?
but i understand hyf. when i asked for some stuff i felt strange asking too, so i really try not to much, and i try to offer things that i am willing to get rid of

moosemama
03-28-2005, 07:25 PM
It sounds reasonable to me to ask for a stroller. If no one has one they want to give away, you won't get any replies. Never hurts to ask :) But I bet you will get one. There are bound to be lots of people with strollers collecting dust in their basements!

Miss Priss
03-28-2005, 08:05 PM
My opinion is that it never hurts to ask as long as you aren't breaking the "stupid" rules. (Rules that are only there because of stupid things people have done.) You never know what may be taking up space at someone's house! :)

:tu :lol

FlyingBlueKiwi
03-29-2005, 04:08 PM
It sounds reasonable to me to ask for a stroller. If no one has one they want to give away, you won't get any replies. Never hurts to ask :) But I bet you will get one. There are bound to be lots of people with strollers collecting dust in their basements!

ITA. A couple of months ago I asked for a fax machine, which is not too far in value from a stroller,. I got an almost new one from someone who had upgraded to a computer-based fax. She was thrilled to get rid of it. :mrgreen

milkmommy
03-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Well soo far noone has one collecting dust.. :/ darn it its not a real active board but figued couldn't hurt to ask... I have a few days to try before I consider using part of our paycheck.
Whats sad we usd to have one but we gace it up when we moved :/
Deanna

DogwoodMama
03-29-2005, 05:14 PM
I have seen jogging strollers offered on freecycle- they maybe needed a wheel or something but were otherwise good. Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

MamaBeth
03-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I gave away our double stroller through Freecycle since we weren't really using it much anymore....

mama2grace
03-29-2005, 09:36 PM
I also gave away a stroller thru Freecycle. And I have another one in the garage that needs a new home now. You aren't in VA are you?

milkmommy
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
I also gave away a stroller thru Freecycle. And I have another one in the garage that needs a new home now. You aren't in VA are you?

No :( I'm in AZ a bit of a walk I think ;)

Deanna

snlmama
03-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Based on stuff I've seen people ask for on our freecycle list, a stroller sounds like a tiny request. ;)

Marsha
03-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Also, rummage sale and consignment sale season is upon us!! Look around for a little bit if you don't get one on freecycle. I see them at rummages ALL the time......and did in AZ as well :smile

milkmommy
03-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Also, rummage sale and consignment sale season is upon us!! Look around for a little bit if you don't get one on freecycle. I see them at rummages ALL the time......and did in AZ as well :smile

Would be my first choice if I still lived back in Tucson but nothing but goodwill here and they don't have any :cry I miss those consignment shops! :hissyfit
Deanna

craftymom75
03-30-2005, 08:05 AM
Please tell me what a freecycle is. I don't think that we have them here where I live. And is there a way, via the internet to find them??

Thanks in advance.

Peace-
Emily

OnlyBelieve
03-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Freecycle is www.freecycle.org It is a cool set of message groups on Yahoo that people give away FREE stuff. You can check to see if they have one in your area...which they most likely do. I have three in my area. You might want to check if they have one for somewhere near you if there is not one in your immediate area.
You can post things that you wish to give away and people come and pick it up. Or you can post things that you want and someone might have it. If someone posts something that you want, you just contact that person.
It is really cool. Some people have got some very nice things there....including cars!! I use it mainly to give away things while decluttering.
I loooove it.

craftymom75
03-30-2005, 10:29 AM
thank you so much for the info!! There is one in my town! YIPPEEEE!!!!!

Peace-
Emily

catholicapmom
03-30-2005, 10:47 AM
I don't think it's wrong to ask for a stroller. I've asked for a refridgerator! :lol And I've seen some people asking for a whole bedroom's worth of furniture. If someone has it, they'll give it to you.