PDA

View Full Version : Who uses "pocket dipes"?

Kingskid
03-28-2005, 06:58 AM
I am still researching CDs and have a small stash of newborn Kissaluvs with covers to go to, but I saw the pocket dipes online this morning and it pique my curiosity.

They seem to be like an AIO and somehow you just take out the messy pocket and stuffer. Is that right?

How does this dipe work?

The website I was looking at said that they have almost no wicking issues. How about leaking up the back or out the legs?

At what point do you wash the whole dipe - at the end of the day?

I'm sure i'll come up with other questions about them. Thanks for any comments/advice you have!

Roma
03-28-2005, 09:53 AM
pockets are more like an aio than dipes with a cover. you can't resue the outer part without washing it. the purpose of the pocket dipe is a cloth dipe that is more like a disposable, because it keeps baby more dry and can hold a lot. i only use them at night or sometimes when i go out, because i like to change frequently at home. if you ok with not changing very frequently i would go with pockets-> wonderoos to be more specific.

i like wonderoos with the fuzzi bunz micro terry inserts.

DogwoodMama
03-28-2005, 09:59 AM
I use pockets for nighttime, b/c you can customize the absorbancy!

I use FuzziBunz with Mother of Eden terry inserts, and Wonderoos with Wonder-full hemp inserts (my favorite!)

I'm not sure I'd use them for daytime b/c I get tired of stuffing them, but many people do and love them. They are a great option! :mrgreen

Larissa
03-28-2005, 11:43 AM
I have fuzzibunz...and I love them! I use them for night time...and sometimes when I go out...but I agree with the others, I prefer to change him alot, so the pocket diaper is mainly for nighttime. I use FB with a microterry insert. They are just like your other cloth diapers...you use them once, and then wash them.

Sara
03-28-2005, 12:17 PM
I love pocket diapers. I have a few Fuzzi Bunz and about 7 Happy Heiny's, so I don't get to use pocket diapers full-time, but next time we have a baby, I will definitely purchase more pocket diapers (probably Wonderoos since they are one-size and therefore more affordable). They are the trimmest diapers that we have (while still being very absorbent) and my dh feels like they are about as close to disposables as you can get without actually using disposables. :)

And like someone else posted, I love that you can customize the absorbency depending on whether you're going to be home, on an outing, in the car awhile, taking a nap, sleeping at night, etc.

milkmommy
03-28-2005, 12:32 PM
We do I use wonderoos pertty much exclusivly...

They seem to be like an AIO and somehow you just take out the messy pocket and stuffer. Is that right? yes there is an opening ussually in the back where you can place an assorbent material like a prefold or towel in and you remove it to wash

How does this dipe work? You place something assorbent in the pocket area like I use microfier towels from SAMS club and then just snap or velcro on like any diaper, when "used" removethe inset and place insert and cover in a pail to be washed. These are a one time use diaper

The website I was looking at said that they have almost no wicking issues. How about leaking up the back or out the legs? Well no diaper is completely perfect but I hardly ever have issues with my pockets the trick is to find the right amount od assorbancy and to make sure their is a good fit. One advantages to pockets is you can add or take away assorbancy, Like for us Normal day time one microfiber towel changed about every 3 hours nighttime microfiber towel with a hemp insert will last her the 12 hours, and since were starting to PT I'm using these as AIO trainers stuffing with just a flat curity diaper enough to "cathch" as accident but not super assorbent.

At what point do you wash the whole dipe - at the end of the day? these are a one time us diaper while in an emergency you could just change the insert, they are not intended to be a multiple use diaper (well not untill they are washed ;))

Deanna

Spyder
03-28-2005, 04:00 PM
I am a mostly pocket using person. My main stash is 17 Roos, 22 Snap-Ez PUL pockets, and 2 Green Acre Designs (GAD) print pockets. I do have a few fitteds for coverless use.

Your kid's use it and then you take it off. I wash the insert and the pocket diaper seperately, so I seperate as soon as they come off my kids.

You shouldn't deal with any leaking unless the insert inside of your diaper is sopping wet. If you use a good insert, and change on a decent basis, you won't run into trouble. As far as poop leaking out - I have only had that happen in my snap-ez and GAD. Roo elastic is super tight so we have not had a poop leak but that also means it leaves red marks on their legs sometimes!

I love pockets and wouldn't use anything else for my main stash.

TheSweetLife
03-28-2005, 06:08 PM
I also use pockets and love them - I make my own though. They are really convenient and dh even likes them.

They seem to be like an AIO and somehow you just take out the messy pocket and stuffer. Is that right?
Yes, I just ues a chinese prefold for the inside and haven't had any absorbancy issues, I just shake any poo into the toilet and then shake out the insert into a dry diaper pail, then I don't even have to touch it.

The website I was looking at said that they have almost no wicking issues. How about leaking up the back or out the legs?
We haven't had any poo blowouts in these but if it gets too wet or if dd sleeps on her side all night sometimes it will leak - haven't had very much of a problem with it though.

At what point do you wash the whole dipe - at the end of the day
They are one-use so you would want to get a lot - I am gradually making mine and I am at a doz now which has me washing them almost once a day to keep her constantly in cloth diapers. My goal is to have 2 doz so I can go a day or two without washing. I put them into a dry pail and then dump the whole thing into the washer.

2sunshines
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
:tu to what everyone else already said...

I :heart my fuzzi bunz. I use them with hemp joey bunz inserts.

They are one of my fave diapers... Easy to use, easy to wash.

KoalaMommy
03-30-2005, 07:19 PM
I love wonderoos with a wonder-full at night. I chose wonderoos because they were 1 size fits all and they've been great. Sometimes I stuff them with a pre-fold instead (I have 7 covers and 5 inserts, so that's the way it happens.

You don't actually remove "messy stuff" because the part of the diaper that's against baby's skin catches the poo.

What I love about these dipes in dd can wear it all night and her precious skin stays dry because the inside part of the cover wicks away the wetness. I can't imagine night time diapering without them! Some people like them for outings too, but I haven't used them this way very much. I would use them all the time if I could afford such a stash.

Radosny Matka
03-31-2005, 03:49 PM
I LOVE my pocket diapers. They are easy to use, not bulky, and I have had great luck with not having leaks. My homemade pocket diapers hold in runny bm poops really well.