PDA

View Full Version : Heather (NC)

SandKsmama
03-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Just wanted to say hi! I saw that you are going to be homeschooling your 8 year old dd in the fall? I am going to be homeschooling My 8 year old dd in the fall too! We should get together! I think I remember that you are fairly close to me - I'm in Greensboro.

I'm hoping to go the big hs convention in Winston - are you gonna go?

Anywho, just catching up on the "new" boards(and still mostly a lurker), but wanted to say hi!

Amanda

Heather
03-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi!!! Sorry I didn't see this before... There is so much going on on the boards I seem to miss so much!

Yep, I'm planning to HS Angela this fall. :) I didn't realize you were in Greensboro! Hi Neighbor!!!

I am HOPING to go to the convention before I decide on any curriculum. And I'm THINKING about taking Angela with me. On the one hand I'll probably be a grumpy pregnant woman being only 1 month before my due date! But then again, she loves to look at homeschool stuff and I might be able to get a better idea of what will "click" with her. It would be great if we could get together for this, and maybe get our daughters to keep each other company while we are there!

But since I will be about 36 wks pregnant, I'm just hoping I will be okay to go. My 2nd was born at 33 weeks and the twins at 30 weeks - Who knows what this one will do. :)

However to eliminate OVERDOING it if I do go I will probably only go for the book fair portion... and maybe get some tapes of the actual convention. :)

Let me know if you would like to get together for this... you can email me (my email is in my profile) :)

:hug

Reva
03-28-2005, 05:23 AM
Forgive me for butting in here, but what convention? I'm in NC too, and I haven't heard of a convention. I'm only 30 min or so from Winston.

Heather
03-28-2005, 06:18 AM
No problem... feel free to butt in!! :lol

The convention is put on by North Carolinians for Home Education - Check out their site at www.nche.com

The convention/Book fair will be at Benton Convention Center in Winston Salem from May 26 to the 28th. :)

Nice to know there are more GCM Moms around here... I'm in Kernersville!!! :)