PDA

View Full Version : Barbara's Puffins

ArmsOfLove
03-26-2005, 07:08 PM
does anyone else find they cut your mouth all to shreds? :wow :hissyfit they are really tasty, but I'm not sure they are worth it :shrug

ShangriLewis
03-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Yes they do...it's that Captain Crunch thing.
(My mom fed me Captain Crunch when I was a kid..I swear.)
Heather

Katigre
03-27-2005, 10:40 AM
I love puffins! Those were one of my fave cereals growing up, and I get excited when they're on sale at the grocery store. They're never cut my mouth, either eaten dry or in milk.

Irene
03-27-2005, 04:21 PM
I agree, I liked the taste, but it did hurt my mouth :(

flowermama
05-12-2005, 02:23 AM
Well, I bought some and tried them because of this thread specifically to see if they hurt my mouth. :lol I'm happy to say they didn't. :smile

I looked at the ingredients (http://www.barbarasbakery.com/products/catcerealdisplay.asp?category=20), though, and wanted to make sure people on gluten-free diets are aware that three types of Puffins have oat flour in them -- only the Honey Rice is gluten-free as far as I can tell. You all probably knew that :O but I was surprised. I've never seen the Honey Rice kind in our stores up here, though. :( We aren't gluten-free, but we try to limit our intake of it and the idea of trying a gluten-free diet is on my mind at times, but haven't taken the complete plunge yet. ;)

Stonebeck Farm
05-13-2005, 06:01 AM
We are a puffin lovin' family!

We haven't noticed the mouth sores. :shrug

GrowingInGrace
06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
yes! they hurt ALL of us that way. the last box sat so long it went stale. :/

ArmsOfLove
06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
well I've had them since and one box hurt and one didn't--wonder if it has to do with how fresh they are :shifty

Katigre
06-21-2005, 07:48 PM
well I've had them since and one box hurt and one didn't--wonder if it has to do with how fresh they are :shifty

That could totally be b/c cereal i've bought that was stale was HARD and did hurt my mouth.

cobluegirl
06-21-2005, 09:26 PM
weird....we eat them all the time and never had a problem with them....the kids like them too.