PDA

View Full Version : Soy.....a little worried!

lovemytwins
03-26-2005, 06:29 AM
I was searching online about thyroid disease(next topic!) and came across some worrisome info on soy. There is alot of info out there stating that soy is pretty bad for most people,especially children. I've been giving my boys more soy than I usually have in the past. Any soy experts out there?

cobluegirl
03-26-2005, 02:50 PM
I am sorry..I dont know much about soy. What I read says it is bad but it probably is an individual thing. www.mercola.com has a lot of neg info about soy.
I think the big thing is moderation.

moosemama
03-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Mothering had an article about soy last year sometime. It was an eye opener to me, that's for sure. I'd never heard that soy could be bad for you. All you ever hear is how good it is. Since then I've cut way back on soy consumption, since I have an allergy to it anyway. It's so hard to eliminate completely... I don't even try... but it's in **everything**.

This is the article: http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/food/soy_story.html

ArmsOfLove
03-27-2005, 09:18 AM
there's another discussion on soy here and if it's not in this forum it might be in the vegetarian forum--links for both arguments. For some people with thyroid issues it can be a problem because of how they react to the natural estrogen. Others have no problems. And I'm a big believer in moderation :)