PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Probs (not cloth)

Thia
03-25-2005, 08:56 PM
For multiple reasons not explained here, we use sposies. We've used pampers since day 1. Well...despite making sure we have her in the right size, things still get messy very often. Usually once a day, sometimes twice, she will poo up her back. Means a lot of scrubbing out her clothes and our clothes and whatever she was on. So, this first time mamma and (pappa too) say "help!" Should we try a different brand? I don't know...

BeckaBlue
03-25-2005, 09:03 PM
I would try different brands

my ds would blow out of anything but huggies supreme (we didnt go to cloth till he was about 6mo) we tried quite a few but none others worked

milkmommy
03-25-2005, 09:12 PM
I agree, While I found cloth worked soo much better at containing leaks in the early BF stage now thats shes a toddler sposies aren't really an 'issue" we just prefer cloth ;). I ussually use regular huggies if I use sposies pampers never fit her right ans neither do the supremes. I'd try some diffrent brands.

Deanna

MarynMunchkins
03-26-2005, 11:17 AM
I've found that Luvs work better than Pampers, and Huggies worked the best of all. :)

kris10s
03-26-2005, 11:49 AM
I tried EVERYTHING and ended up switching to cloth b/c I figured I was already doing the extra laundry anyway...

:hug

Thia
03-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks everyone. Since we'd hate to waste the 70 some odd diapers we have left in pampers, we'll probably finish those, but them try some huggies. Seriously, I've had the same thought..."may as well be wearing cloth!" When my work situation changes and we are settled into our own home again, I will probably consider it.

greenemama
03-26-2005, 12:37 PM
honestly, i agree that huggies are the best for containing contents. :)

there's nothing grosser poop-wise than up the back poop. :sick

cloth does contain more, tho! :)

LauraK
03-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I think moving up a size also helps with this problem. Pampers fit my babies better than huggies but it depends on your babies shape. I already moved my 5 month old into size threes and there are a lot less leaks. Also. Oxyclean is great for getting out the poop stains.

2sunshines
03-27-2005, 03:36 PM
See, that just goes to show that you just have to try and see what works with your child. Lots of people here rave about huggies. I HATED huggies. They didn't contain anything and the pee just rolled right out of them (literally).

It's a matter of trial and error. Each child is different and has a different body shape.

It also could be, as someone else mentioned on this board, the sizing. When we started getting blow-outs it often meant we needed to move up a size.

RosieTook
03-27-2005, 06:38 PM
I've found that cloth works better because it absorbs alot of the moisture, so there is less moisture to "blow out" IYKWIM??

Cloth is definitely something to consider, and perhaps try out a bit, as soon as you can work it out :D

toymama
03-28-2005, 09:05 AM
I think it differs from child to child. I tried Huggies and they never worked for us. They leaked with both kids. I use Pampers now and they work great. I have used Luvs before and they were ok.

OnlyBelieve
03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Are you using the Baby Dry Pampers or the Cruisers? I find that the cruisers have a much better fit. I do not like Huggies personally because it creates more of those gel beads on the baby.

I know that right now cloth is not an option for you....but I am personally surprised how well cloth is at keeping in poopy messes. I thought cloth would leak more than spoisies but I have found cloth to be great....now if someone would swish those poopy ones out for me......... :smile

Close2MyHeart
03-28-2005, 12:26 PM
We use Luvs and thsoe have worked well for us for all 3 children :)

ronioli
03-28-2005, 05:15 PM
I had the same problem. I bought a size larger diapers (even though Anjali was way under the weight listed for those diapers) and have much fewer back blowouts. The bigger diapers go up farther in the back and contain the poo better. I had blowouts with Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs until we moved up a size.

Rebecca

milkmommy
03-28-2005, 05:20 PM
YEp we bought some huggies for a recent trip and I bought size 4 that say 22-37 lbs DD about 28lbs and they were almost too small. Shes thin also.

Deanna

kcasmama
03-28-2005, 05:24 PM
I agree with Laura. We use Pampers and solved the problem by moving up a size and making her a little "toilet pouch" between her legs to catch the mess. Works like a charm. EC anyone???