PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't find cough syrup without honey...

Mamatoto
03-25-2005, 03:33 PM
at the HFS. So I got some with honey that was pasteurized and hopefully safe. Do you think this is okay to give to my 8 month old? It is a homeopathic formula.

cobluegirl
03-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Is it the hylands kind? It is probably safe...in fact many cultures (italian for one) give there babies honey....

What is it for?

Mamatoto
03-26-2005, 07:19 AM
He survived the night so I guess it is safe! It really helps, too. No, it wasn't Hylands. Boiron Chestal Honey Homeopathic Cough Syrup. He has had a cough for awhile now. I thought it was from all the drool from teething-he got two teeth the past two weeks-but it is lingering and he can't sleep well with it. I am a bit worried because my friend whose home we were at now has Whooping Cough which he is not vaccinated for. But he's not coughing to break a rib or anything like they say you can with whooping cough. :shrug He's still eating and playing and all, so I hope it's okay. She has been walking around with it for six weeks, though! I tried the other stuff-the herbal expectorant stuff but that didn't seem to help this time around. The homeopathic ingredients in this one are really good and complete.

cobluegirl
03-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Also lots of vit c. hourly

cobluegirl
03-26-2005, 02:55 PM
here is some cold info
http://www.commoncold.org/undrstnd.htm