PDA

View Full Version : Quick and easy lunch ideas?

DogwoodMama
03-25-2005, 10:59 AM
I'd love to hear some quick and easy lunch ideas... I'm trying to branch out beyond soup & sandwiches, which is our usual.

My favorite lately has been to make a wrap out of kidney beans and cheddar cheese, and serve it with a side of salsa. Charlotte loves beans, and would eat them everyday, so I had to think of how to make it yummy for me! I heat the beans a little bit, then lay them on a flour tortilla, sprinkly cheese on top and warm it on my griddle pan with a little butter, then dip it into the salsa on the side. Yummy! :yum

Havilah
03-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Make yourself a dang quesadilla!!

:lol

Seriously, though, we love to make quesadillas with spinach and tomatoes :yum When I'm feeling fancy I add sauteed onions, peppers and garlic. Dip in a little sour cream, salsa, and/or guac.... deeeelish!

kris10s
03-25-2005, 12:00 PM
I say "Make yourself a dang quesa-dilluh" to DH all the time!

I love quesadillas for lunch. In the microwave, so they are quick, and no butter. I like real ones on the stove better, of course.

DogwoodMama
03-25-2005, 12:23 PM
I couldn't think what to put in them... so spinach, onions, what else? Do you use fresh or frozen spinach? Maybe I could roast veggies for dinner & use the left-overs... :think

I have made a cheese quesadilla before, but like more filling than that. :mrgreen

Keep ideas coming! :tu

kris10s
03-25-2005, 12:38 PM
I like chicken, fresh spinach and mushrooms in mine... mmmmm