PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for our kitty, too!

Mama Bird
03-25-2005, 08:08 AM
She must be sick. She had been sneezing for a long time, but the vet tech we spoke with (My sister... :heart) said that she was just getting used to our house, the different people, dust, scents, etc. Plus, we think she had been an outdoor kitty before they rescued her.

Here's the problem...the sneezing has mostly stopped, but I've noticed specks of blood on my pillow (where she sneezed this morning) and on her food and water dish and on the floor and wall beside it. What do we do? I don't even have the money to take the warts off the bottom of my feet, and that is with insurance. How can I afford to take her to the vet and pay for the whole thing? This is such an exceptionally tight month financially. :cry

godsgracegiven
03-25-2005, 01:02 PM
:pray

Lillyma
03-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Did you adopt her from a rescue? Was it recently? Maybe they have a free vet care policy for the first week or two, the Humane Society does, I believe. Our kittys caught colds from the shelter and sneezed & coughed for the first week or 2, but I think blood sounds scairy. Call the shelter or vet, just to see what they say. :pray

Mama Bird
03-25-2005, 02:36 PM
We did adopt her from a rescue...but it is an odd situation. Their cats are usually seen by a certain clinic. Our kitty was seen by another clinic...her spay and shots were all done there. She is a rescued Siamese, so she didn't go through the normal channels. I'll call though. Thanks!

Sanveann
03-25-2005, 06:15 PM
I agree about calling the rescue. If they won't do anything about it, ask about low-cost vet care, or ask your own vet if he/she will let you pay in installments.