PDA

View Full Version : Talk me down. Tell me no! Apply the 5 steps!

Joanne
03-24-2005, 08:27 PM
I got a new homeschool catalog in the mail today. I am itching to read it. But the problem is when I do, I will certainly find the perfect match for at least one of my kids in terms of curriculum. Maybe 2 kids. Maybe all 3. It's from here:

http://www.mfwbooks.com/

And I think My Father's World what I'd write if I wrote a curriculum. Rich, wonderful, Christian and not as intense as Sonlight.

But I know that the Sonlight catalog is coming soon, too.

:pray

Sara
03-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Oh, Joanne! Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one! ;)

I agonized last year over FIAR, Sonlight, and MFW. And darnit! Now that you mentioned it, I'm going to have go check MFW out again. Thanks a lot! :lol

So MFW has a catalog?

(off to request a catalog so that I can watch for the mailman every day waiting for my HS catalogs...please, mailman, bring my Sonlight catalog soon)

Sara
03-24-2005, 08:48 PM
p.s. Step away from the catalog or we'll have to move right to step 5! ;)

Krystyne
03-24-2005, 08:58 PM
What part of the curriculum do you want? I have a good part of 1st grade and a lot of kindy to pass on for cheap. I loved the concept, it just didn't gel with our family.

Yes this time of year I think I have found just the thing...and then another catalog arrives....

Cindy
03-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Okay Sarah - you apply the bear hug and I'll grab the catalog... :shifty

Joanne
03-24-2005, 10:12 PM
What part of the curriculum do you want? I have a good part of 1st grade and a lot of kindy to pass on for cheap. I loved the concept, it just didn't gel with our family.

Yes this time of year I think I have found just the thing...and then another catalog arrives....

Cheap? MFW? From a dear friend? Um.........

The temptation is too much. I could likely use a lot of it with my youngest and some of it with my advanced daycares.

Whatcha got and how much ya want? :

icesmom3
03-25-2005, 05:12 AM
I also have used MFW kindergarten and I really liked it....I do have the teacher's manuel but not sure if I want to give it up yet as I have one more kindergartener coming up....but I looked at MFW for my oldest and have yet to decided for 3rd grade!! Catalog.....I will have to go check it out!!! :highfive

jmh1013
03-25-2005, 11:58 AM
This is the funniest talking down ever :roll

Joanne
03-25-2005, 12:52 PM
This is the funniest talking down ever :roll

Apparently it's not one of our strong points. :laughtears

Sara
03-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Hey, Cindi and I tried!!! :lol

Piper2
03-25-2005, 02:44 PM
:lol Joanne, you sound like what I'm going to be like at the homeschool conference in June! I figure by that time, I will have settled on what I'm going to use for next year, but then there are going to be all these reps and even workshop leaders telling me about what's so great about their method/curriculum and I'll be thinking, "Hmm...maybe we could do that instead." :think

The only way for me to avoid that, probably, would be to go ahead an order my curriculum before the homeschool conference, stay away from any workshops that focus on any particular method and just stick to the Rainbow Resource and Memphis Zoo exhibits at the curriculum fair! ;)

Miss Priss
03-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Joanne,
You're an enabler... and I'm a curriculum shopaholic.
:lol

ArmsOfLove
03-25-2005, 08:40 PM
(looking on and smacking her toilet plumbing on her palm as a warning) . . . oh, wait--wrong site!

Can you stop yourself or do you need me help?
:lol

This Busy Mom
03-25-2005, 08:58 PM
you are a bad influence :P

I like this place
http://www.classicalhomeeducation.com/

and I think I paid Timberdoodle's mortgage last month :P

Christa

lenswyf
03-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Sonlight is intense? I should be looking at other things??? I liked MFW as well.

SandKsmama
03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Ooooh, I'm a newbie to this homeschooling thing, but I'm almost definitely going with MFW K for my little guy for next year, and maybe my oldest as well.

(of course, my own Sonlight catalog isn't here yet either LOL)

What *is* it about curricula that is so darn addictive???

Amanda

Quietspirit
03-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Oh my!!! MFW looks wonderful!!!!!

(yikes...where's the checkbook? ;))

crunchymum
03-30-2005, 09:10 AM
crystal! :lol

icesmom3
03-30-2005, 11:08 AM
I got the MFW catalog yesterday in the mail and I think this is what we are going to use next year---it is rather expensive but comapared to tution we were paying it isn't that bad :think Now I just need to save up some $$$ ;)

Piper2
03-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, that's what I keep reminding DH whenever he balks at the cost of curriculum...it's WAY cheaper than either the local Baptist or Lutheran private schools. :mrgreen