PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin supplements for Kids

MagnoliaMommy
03-24-2005, 06:01 PM
DS takes a Flinstone vitamin each day. Is there a more natural alternative suited for 3 year olds? TIA! :)

cobluegirl
03-24-2005, 06:02 PM
right now I am not picky about which vits my kids take. You could check out your health food store and see what they have and see if there is something more natural.

allisonintx
03-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Juice Plus ( I don't sell the stuff, but they make a mean kids supplement set)

Nutri Stars is good.

The Dino vitamins and the Vita Bears are not bad either.

Miss Priss
03-25-2005, 06:10 PM
I cannot find a suitable supplement for my children, because my dd with ADHD reacts so violently to sugar. Even the natural, healthier supplements or vitamins have sugar or corn syrup has the 1st or 2nd ingredent. :rolleyes

MagnoliaMommy
03-26-2005, 05:52 AM
I will have to check the health food store, thanks! I try not to give ds the red vitamins because anything red makes him bounce off the walls! :eek

puffballpopple
03-26-2005, 08:56 AM

cobluegirl
03-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I cannot find a suitable supplement for my children, because my dd with ADHD reacts so violently to sugar. Even the natural, healthier supplements or vitamins have sugar or corn syrup has the 1st or 2nd ingredent. :rolleyes

What about something like Seasilver, or another liquid multi vitamin?

Winkie
03-26-2005, 03:49 PM
i've used nutri stars, kanga vites, rhino gummi bears, animal parade. my boys have liked all of them. i usually buy whatever's on sale at the hfs. i havent taken the time to compare labels, so i like to rotate - i do the same with prenatal vits.

RealLifeMama
03-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Mine love the Rainbow Light Nutri-stars. They have no sugar or corn syrup. They have fructose.

Gretchen
03-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Another vote for Animal Parade.

Last week I saw a children's vitamin I hadn't seen before at our HFS. I think they were sweetened with orange juice? The brand name was Michael's. Just found a link: http://www.michaelshealth.com/products.asp?id=113

Gretchen

Miss Priss
03-27-2005, 08:04 PM
What about something like Seasilver, or another liquid multi vitamin?

:think
I'll have to explore that.

Miss Priss
03-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Mine love the Rainbow Light Nutri-stars. They have no sugar or corn syrup. They have fructose.

Where do you get these?

waremock
03-27-2005, 08:13 PM
My little ones take "Natrol for kids" I love it because it has all the veggies in it as well as vitamins. It is a Liquid form. My older girls take Nutra Stars :)

Irene
03-28-2005, 07:08 PM
and for those that are allergic to everything ;) there is supernu thera from Kirkman labs. expensive though :/

Mama Calidad
03-29-2005, 08:08 AM
We rotate vitamins, too. I really like the Rainbow Light Nutristars. We've also used Animal Parade, some other one from the HFS that I can't remember the name of and these liquid vitamins that are sweetened with juice concentrate:

http://www.naturesfoundation.com/nsf/content/p2/kidsmulti.cfm

righteous mama
03-29-2005, 01:52 PM
We use Mother's brand...but, I think Mother's is only a Southern CA store.

ShangriLewis
03-29-2005, 04:49 PM
All-one powdered vitamins have a child's dose.

Heather

2sunshines
03-30-2005, 08:02 AM
The thing that you have to watch our for in children's vitamins (unfortunately as I have learned) is those sugar substitutes -- aspartame, sucralose, etc. I was actually really surprised to find out that most national brand of vitamins have aspartame in them... :rolleyes

We currently use Animal parade for our 4 yo. He loves taking them. They are high in sugar though so when this bottle is gone, we are looking for a sugar free, fake sugar free alternative. My kids :heart their vitamins and will gladly take anything, so why give them extra sugar... :shrug