PDA

View Full Version : What is good for...

MagnoliaMommy
03-24-2005, 05:56 PM
depression? I was taking an antidepressant for ppd and gradually weaned myself from it. The phamacist recommended St. Johns Wort and
I started taking it last Saturday. Anything else to take in combination with it? Something to conquer those raging pms hormones would be a plus. :O

cobluegirl
03-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Sonshinemama swears by vinegar and honey....also essential fatty acids, like fish oil are said to be really good too. Also a B complex vitamins.

allisonintx
03-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I really like the EFA's made by Nordic Naturals because you don't get 'fish burps' from them ;)

Evening primrose oil is good for PMS.

Katigre
03-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Also know that not all brands of St. John's Wort are created equal. After speaking with a health food store manager and also DH's personal experience, Solaray St. John's Wort was the most effective. Others didn't even make a difference.

waremock
03-25-2005, 10:55 AM
I've been taking St. Johns Wort for years..well not while pregnant but when not pregnant..I have taken it for the past 10 years with great success.. It did take me 300mg 3x a day for 4 weeks to feel the up and up :smile My doc had told me it raises your Serotoninlevel..the way chocolate does and makes you just "feel good" I can't say enough about it.. I also (occasionaly) take Kava with it..Just my persoanl expirence thou :)

~Michelle

MagnoliaMommy
03-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Thank You! I will have to check out the Evening Primrose Oil. I started to buy some the other day, but wasn't sure if it was right or not. How much do you take? Is it daily or just around that time of the month?

cobluegirl
03-26-2005, 02:53 PM
bump