PDA

View Full Version : Good sling for the hipcarry position?

MagnoliaMommy
03-24-2005, 05:23 PM
I have been using a custom made pouch sling for dd. I ordered it when I was pregnant, so we had to guess at the measurements. It is a little on the big side, but we have made do until now. It is just not compatible with the hip carry position...too much excess fabric causes it to hold dd in much too loosely. :( The sling is not adjustable and I am not handy with the sewing machine. :O
Any suggestions on a versatile sling? I like something that is lightweight and easy to toss in a diaper bag. A cute, fashionable pattern is a plus too.
Thanks!

kris10s
03-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Have you tried the shoulder flip with your pouch? http://www.hotslings.com/pages/WearingInstructions.php (scroll down to tricks)

It would be really easy to make your pouch a little bit smaller if it has a french seam on the inside. Maybe a friend could do it?

milkmommy
03-24-2005, 08:44 PM
I have the hotsling and when I first ordered I too ordered too big (WAY too big) and reordered this one is actually a TAD too small. Its a medium or size 5 I need like a 5.25 LOL but IT super great for the hip hold. DD is nice a snug and its sooo comfortable. I'm still planning on oding a regular ring type sling if I ever get preggies again, probably a Maya, but for my toddler the Hotsling rules.

Deanna

MagnoliaMommy
03-25-2005, 05:19 AM
Here is a link to the website where I ordered my sling so you can see what I currently have. http://www.frogprince.net It doesn't look like she is selling anymore.
I just took a look at the Hotsling site last night and read about the shoulder flip. I am going to try it this morning, once I am awake enough! :cup
I might ask dh's grandmother to alter my sling a little bit. It just needs to lose an inch or two of fabric and then it should fit fine...it fits my dh just great. ;)
I do like the Hotslings since they offer the padding option...mine is unpadded and has the tendency to dig into my shoulder! I hate to spend the extra money though...

kris10s
03-25-2005, 05:44 AM
FYI -- the hotsling has a slightly padded leg rail, no padding in the shoulder. If it fits better, it won't dig in as much, IME.