PDA

View Full Version : Sleep issues

Cindy
03-24-2005, 06:43 AM
One year old ds is up later and later every night. Last night he kept this exhausted Mommy awake until almost 1am. I am seriously looking for a gentle way to influence his sleep routine. Can anybody help?

Close2MyHeart
03-24-2005, 06:46 AM
I wish I knew a way to help you. We typically did a modified CIO before I started gentle mothering. :blush So I don't really know. I will pray for you tho! I know it's a pain to get less sleep than you need.

Cindy
03-24-2005, 06:52 AM
I wish I knew a way to help you. We typically did a modified CIO before I started gentle mothering. :blush So I don't really know. I will pray for you tho! I know it's a pain to get less sleep than you need.

I am possibly open to crying in Mommy's arms. I am not willing to let him cry alone.

MarynMunchkins
03-24-2005, 07:19 AM
How many naps does he take? When and for how long? That might impact his night time sleep more than you realize.

jujubnme
03-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Does he still wake up at the same time each day? If not, you might try waking him up at the same earlier time for several days in a row. This can get the naps to an earlier time as well.

Cindy
03-24-2005, 07:56 AM
He often takes a nap atround 11am, and usually an afternoon napby 2pm. However, he seems to be missing the morning nap some days and taking the afternoon nap earlier. I think the biggest problem is the 30 minute catnap he takes around 9pm ... If I could only keep him asleep at that time...

Katherine
03-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Is he possibly trying to transition to one nap instead of 2?

When he takes his 9pm catnap, do you think he's tired enough to go to bed for the night? And what do you do when he wakes up at 9:30?

MarynMunchkins
03-24-2005, 10:27 AM
He sounds like he's transitioning out of a nap. :) I'd try keeping him up til about 12 - 12:30 during the day. Being out and about works the best for us, although being in the car sometimes speeds up a nap. ;) Maybe just pushing it back by a 10-15 minutes each day would get you there.

And frankly, I don't let my kids stay up past 9:00. If they fall asleep at 9, it's for the night. When he wakes up at 9:30, I'd go back into his room and keep it quiet and dark. I'd do whatever in order to keep him down for the night. My nerves can't handle children that late at night. :O

Irene
03-24-2005, 10:31 AM
cindy, my ds is transitioning out of 2 naps too. he will now go down about 1 for a nap. he will sleep about 2 hours then he is ready for bed at 7.30 or 8.

ArmsOfLove
03-25-2005, 09:57 AM
why does he wake do you think? and how does he act when he's awake at night? Is he in a good mood or upset?