PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for me?

MamaBeth
03-23-2005, 05:15 PM
I've been dealing with this sinus infection issue for about a month now. I've done amoxicillan and augmentin. Since the augmentin, I don't have any green mucous anymore, but I still have the pain and the pressure. It's so bad at times that I can't sleep even in the recliner. If I keep some sudafed in me I'm livable, but I'm so exhausted now I can't stand myself. I'm sleeping at times, but not very well. My doctor couldn't see my two weeks ago so I'd gone to a doc in the box to get the augmentin, and she STILL can't see me now so I'll go back to the doc in a box of friday when DH is home. I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can do. I can't get my teeth pulled til this is over with.

Sara
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Well, I'm not sure how you can get rid of, but I thought of a few things as I was reading your post. First, could it be allergies? Many times allergies can present as ongoing upper respiratory infections. Second, is it possible that it could be yeast? My mom had a horrible sinus infection that would not go away and when she went to the ENT, they told her that it was yeast from the antibiotics she had been on. She had to make dietary changes and it took awhile, but she did get it cleared up eventually.

Just some food for thought. :hug Sorry you're dealing with this - I'm sure it is very frustrating.

bunbunmama
03-24-2005, 08:05 AM
I don't know if you've already tried this....but the dr. told my mom to use saline nasal spray as often as she felt like it...preferably at least 4-5 times a day. Breathing in some good steam might also help, as might some sinus massage....just massage where it hurts, basically. Two winters ago my mom had basically a permanent sinus infection that lasted allllllll winter!!! This winter she used the saline spray, and she had much less trouble with it. Good luck! Here's praying that you feel better soon! :pray

blessedmama21
03-24-2005, 04:36 PM
what about a neti pot?

allisonintx
03-24-2005, 07:47 PM
How about a chiropractic adjustment on your face? Maybe your sinuses are physically out of whack. I know it did my dh a world of good after three weeks of misery.

julbug
03-25-2005, 12:28 PM
I suffered from sinus infections at least two times a year for five years. I decided to cut down on dairy when I went vegetarian but when I went to my cousin's baby shower I figured well, it's a special occasion and I had several dairy dishes. The next day I was knocked flat on my back with the worst sinus infection ever. After about 4 days I went to the health food store asked about some homeopathic remedies. I took goldenseal and a colloidal silver nasal spray and that cleared it in two days. I completely eliminated dairy products from my diet and have never gotten a sinus infection since, that was two years ago. Best of luck.

cobluegirl
03-25-2005, 06:17 PM
dh had a bad sinus issue a few months ago..he went to the chiro and they shoved a qtip with some stuff on it up his nose and he sat over a bucket for about an hour while it drained..he has felf much better since.
My step mom uses the netti pot. since you ahve been on antibiotics you should be taking some acidophilus. Also grapefruit seed extract nasal spray might really help too.