PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime parenting is for the birds...I'm exhausted!

MySeoulChild
03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
DD is almost a year and stopped sleeping through the night at about 7 months when she developed dual ear infections. :(
She hasn't done it since and I'm soooo exhausted. She night-wakes two times a night now - usually at 1 and 3 and won't go back to sleep without nursing down.

I know it's just one of those things and that eventually it, too, will pass but :hissyfit mama wants some sleep!

schoolofmom
03-23-2005, 04:07 PM
:hug Do you sleep in the same bed? I'm able to drowse on those occasions when dd wakes up at night and nurses back to sleep.

Irene
03-23-2005, 04:08 PM
wow Im so jealous ;) :laughtears only twice?! :shifty

schoolofmom
03-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah, that thought also occurred to me. :lol

expatmom
03-23-2005, 04:16 PM
I found the nighttimes between the ages of 6 months - one year the hardest. They felt endless! I promise, it does eventually end & your little one will sleep more.

As exhausting as it is, I encourage you to be in the moment because time does pass quickly. One day you may even find yourself missing the quiet nighttime visits when it was just you and your dd in the still of the night.

The best peace of advice I got during these exhausting times was to put away the clock so I could not watch how much sleep I was actually missing. Also, I became the master of nursing in my sleep!

Take care & I hope you feel rested soon!

MarynMunchkins
03-23-2005, 08:05 PM
:hug Hang in there! They all sleep eventually...

Ca_mommy
03-23-2005, 11:34 PM
I am in the same boat as you! My DD is over 10 mos. old now and has never slept through the night. We have tried co-sleeping and that is worse! She wakes 2-3 times per night when in her crib (I can nurse her once a night now, and then just rock her during the other wakings), but if she's in the bed with us, she wakes up about 5 or 6 times. YUCK! I have prayed for a sleepful night, but the LORD said, "Not yet". I have come to the conclusion that God just gave us a restless little sleeper. She better start sleeping through the night if I get pregnant again!! :P

crunchymum
03-24-2005, 11:19 AM
:hug

i hear ya... between my 2, i now can tandem nurse without waking up. :rolleyes :eek

it get's so much better as they get older, though! :)

MySeoulChild
03-24-2005, 11:21 AM
aaah - glad to know others are there with me! :)

thank you for your replies

Now I'm off to go through the motions of being awake while I zombie-out and make lunch

(Oh - and we side-car co-sleep...the 3 year old is in bed with us, so the peanut is in the crib on the side)