PDA

View Full Version : Padded Leg Pouch?

kris10s
03-23-2005, 12:32 PM
I made a pouch yesterday, and it's sized pretty good, but it really really digs into dd's legs. Since I only used half of the width of the fabric, I could easily make another with padding. Anyone do this ala Hotslings? How much did you use? And did you use fleece or batting or what?

lenswyf
03-23-2005, 01:55 PM
I've made pouches, but never padded them. I've also made a ring sling using the Elizabeth Lee pattern, and it was padded. I used batting, which was inside a 3" fold-over. the pattern called for a double thickness of batting, but I thought that was too much. I was quite happy with a single thickness.

You could pad just the area where his legs would be so it doesn't get too bulky.

Marielle
03-29-2005, 12:46 PM
I've found there's two ways to avoid the leg problem with pouches. Either padded like my hotslings or having a thin serged edge as the finished edge like my zolo pouch. That way there's no seam to put pressure on and create marks on the kiddo's legs.

Granola Mom
03-29-2005, 12:53 PM
I made one like this...(this is a pic of a friend of mine with her baby) It's a hip sling for toddlers and yes, we both used padding for it. Actually, I used an old pillow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Lydia0109/people/asling.jpg