PDA

View Full Version : King Size Bed!

akmyilee
03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
oh my how I wish we had a king size bed. My husband thinks it is cause I don't want to sleep near him but that isn't it, I wish that my 3yo could sleep with us, especially lately he has been waking up scared alot in the middle of the night and I end up in his bed with him anyway. I think I could convience my dh that we would have the room with a king. Any one have any experiences with this? How do your husbands handle it?

BHope
03-23-2005, 06:13 AM
It's my husband who wants the king size bed. He's tired of me poking him to move over and not crowd DD and I. I would love to have one, but can't justify the expense. Maybe when #2 arrives and our bed expands even more?

greenemama
03-23-2005, 06:17 AM
my dh didn't want to upgrade from our double bed because he really likes the close proximity. :heart but it was really getting to be too much with a nearly 2 yo and my huge pregnant self. so we got the king and have never looked back. dh loves it, too. and really, it's not *that* much more room. we're all still snuggled in a pile like we used to be -- there's just more room for appendages to hang off to the side, etc.

another nice thing is to put henry on the outside then dh, then me, then jude on the other side. then it's even cozier for cuddling than the double bed.

i think your dh will love being able to have you sleep in the bed with him, instead of with your 3 yo each night. the king will help with that. :)

Mama Calidad
03-23-2005, 03:55 PM
We have two full size matresses on the floor together. It works wonderfully for us. :)

schoolofmom
03-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh, I loooove having a king-size bed and so does my dh. It's especially great for when our ds gets scared in the middle of the night and there ends up being 4 to our bed.

crunchymum
03-24-2005, 11:00 AM
ahhh.... i love our king size bed! :) we usually end up in a big pile, like mollie said, but i sometimes like to scootch ds over by dh and stretch out... :tu dd has a 'specilal' bed next to my side, but she still climbs in to nurse, so the extra room is essential! it felt HUGE when we first got it, now i'm like "do they make anything bigger than a king?" :lol :rolleyes

mom2_AthruZ
03-24-2005, 12:32 PM
We have two full size matresses on the floor together. It works wonderfully for us.

I'm curious do you ever have problems with the matresses scooting apart? I am thinking our full size pluss a twin together would work great for us. I would love to have a king size bed but we can't justify the cost at this time either.

milkmommy
03-24-2005, 04:57 PM
We have a king and I love it but we'd probaby get away comfortably with a queen. The king takes up our entire bedroom as it is.

Deanna

FlyingBlueKiwi
03-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Hmmm . . . my dh seems to take up two-thirds of our King by himself (he's 6'5" :mrgreen) and I get the otehr one-third . . .

julbug
03-24-2005, 07:51 PM
We have a king-size and we'll never get anything smaller now that we know how nice it is to have so much room. It's great for when DS joins us. For a small boy his elbows and knees seem HUGE at 3am when they're firmly implanted in my back. It's nice to be able to scootch over without falling off. And I know we'll be ever thankful again once baby arrives. The only problem is our mattress is really old (we got it from my parents and it was second-hand when they got it)and it sags in the middle, so frustrating! I start the night on one side and s-l-o-w-l-y drift into the middle. It's more and more difficult to get my increasingly pregnant self up and out of "The Pit" as we affectionately call it. We really need a new one.

boonpnutsmom
03-25-2005, 01:08 PM
We have a California King size waterbed. Its the kind with the tubes encapsulated in a zippered regular matress looking thing. In English you don't know it's a waterbed until you actually sit on it. We have a crib in our room, but DD 5, sleep in it in most often, oldest sleeps on a futon on the floor next to my side. Youngest is in the middle of the bed, but he by far takes up the most room. I had to change sides of the bed this past summer, as I couldn't sleep I was too hot. We have an A/C in our room and I sleep literally two inches away from it and I still sweat, but I know we do have enough room in out big bed.

Sanveann
03-25-2005, 06:13 PM
I loooooooooove our king-sized bed! I would have been happy with a queen, but DH insisted on the king, because I toss and turn a lot :)

ozmummy
03-25-2005, 09:31 PM
We didn't have a whole lot of spare cash either, so we dismantled our queen size bed (not sure what that is in US, the one bigger than double..). We put that mattress on the floor sideways, and a single mattress along the bottom for our feet. The single is sideways along a wall, the queen along the single, so the gap is about ankle length on me, and since the lighter single is sandwiched between the wall and the heavier QS, we don't have any problem with things moving around and "gaps". BTW we have 5yo ds, and 20mo dd in there with us... and room for more probably.

luvinmykidz
04-08-2005, 09:50 AM
We have a king size bed (Simmons beauty rest :tu) but my DH still ends up on the double bed beside our bed because my 2.5 year old hogs the bed side ways :lol

joystrength
04-08-2005, 10:09 AM
We went from a queen to a king when we went from three to four. My 3 yo DS was on his own sleeping for a good 6 mo after the baby was born, but hen he was night-waking and DH was sleeping with him in his bed each night. Now, we all pile into our King bed each night. It's up against the wall in the corner, so there's NO way the baby (now 17 mo) can roll off. We put them both to bed before us and they can roll around in their sleep and still not wake each other up. It's great. :heart :heart

Lois
04-11-2005, 05:52 PM
we just upgraded in size(queen to king) and quality and I sleep so much better now!!!