PDA

View Full Version : Sling for newborn in Summer???

Heather
03-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I didn't discover slings until the twins were over a year old... So, I'm REALLY looking forward to slinging my new babe!

However I am looking for a good option for the summer months as I plan to wear this kiddo alot, especially because I will be on the go alot for the twins therapy sessions. I love my hotslings but I'm not sure how that will work for a newborn. Plus the fabric seems a bit thick for summer. I have a few ring slings, they are not too thick but they are all really dark colored (attracting heat)

Any suggestions???

lenswyf
03-22-2005, 04:28 AM
The fabrics used for Maya Wrap Slings (https://www.naturalfamilyboutique.com/shop/Products/5500.aspx?maryc) are very sturdy, but the weave is loose enough to make them very breath-able for both mom and baby.

DogwoodMama
03-22-2005, 08:28 AM
A new kind of sling is going to be made by hotsling folks, but sold by someone else... it's supposed to have cooler fabric... www.theslingset.com. If you like pouches it might be worth checking out. :)

MarynMunchkins
03-22-2005, 02:56 PM
I have a Solarveil water sling that I used for Colin last summer and it was WONDERFUL! :tu I can't remember where I bought it, though... :O And the last one I had I made for a friend. :think

Anyway, it's very cool. I used it in the middle of August in the Georgia summer without any issues. :)

DogwoodMama
03-22-2005, 02:59 PM
You can get solarveils lots of places... I can think of www.kangarookorner.com & www.sleepingbaby.net off the top of my head. I don't find the fabric to be that comfy, but I never "broke" mine in. :)

MarynMunchkins
03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
It was Kangaroo Korner! Thanks! :D

I washed mine 3-4 times before it really started to soften. Using it in the pool actually worked even better. You do have to break them in though. :neutral