PDA

View Full Version : I need a hug...

MarynMunchkins
03-21-2005, 10:00 PM
:blush I don't deserve my kids. I get stressed out and frustrated and treat them like crap. :cry :cry They should have a better mom... :(

I'm even embarassed to post what happened tonight. If I had seen someone else do it to their kids I would have seriously contemplated calling CPS. :eek :blush :( I scared myself. I know better, and I just let my emotions dictate my behavior. :mad Why do I do stuff like this?! I know better... :banghead

Irene
03-21-2005, 10:06 PM
((((((((((((((((((((MARY))))))))))))))))))))))))

give yourself grace too sweet momma :cookie :hkiss :heart :heart :hugs :hugs :hugs

jujubnme
03-21-2005, 10:07 PM
(((Mary))) We all let our emotions get the better of us sometimes. I hope you can get a good night's rest and have a fresh start tomorrow. :hug

Sandy
03-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Grace...grace...grace...bring it to the Lord, apologize to the kids, start tomorrow new.

:hug

DebraBaker
03-22-2005, 05:51 AM
Didn't I read about you in another thread where you owed taxes and have nasty dental bills??

That's a lot of stress, I would be gentle with you personally.

DB

AmyDoll
03-22-2005, 07:14 AM

:cup

Amy

Katherine
03-22-2005, 08:19 AM
((((((Mary))))))

It's something in the air. I think a bunch of us are struggling this week. :shrug :banghead

I surprised my dh yesterday when I lost my cool. He was truly shocked. :blush

I reminded him that I have the same feelings and frustrations with the kids that he feels, but that I am with them every second of every day with no breaks. So he promised me a break... then left to go have dinner with a friend and still hasn't made good on his promise. :rolleyes :mad

Here's a great big hug :grouphug and lots of encouragement... :hearts :cup

I'm getting out my "stress relief" music today. It helps me stay calm, and sometimes even helps the boys, too. :)

ArmsOfLove
03-22-2005, 08:22 AM

Here is what I see.

Mom is human. Mom is stressed. Kids are human and feel mom's stress. Kids misbehave. Mom loses it. Mom sees what she did. Mom takes responsibility for her actions.

now the next step . . . Mom keeps working on making changes in her life to be a better mom.

As long as you have those last two steps and are moving forward in change then you are where you need to be today :)

phermion
03-22-2005, 09:10 AM
:hug with :cookie :cookie :cup :hkiss for Mary. :heart
His mercies are new each day! :candle

TulipMama
03-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Mary, no one could ever love your kids the way you do, with the devotion, passion and commitment that you do.

You are human. You mess up. Your kids see that.

You turn to God. You ask forgiveness. You ask for grace. Your kids see that, too.

Even when we mess up, our children are learning.

I love what my Mom e-mails me (regularly!) Be gentle with your kids and Hubby. Be gentle with yourself.

CelticJourney
03-22-2005, 11:21 AM
I know that feeling well. It is a close cousin to "my children would be better of in school so they could have a break from me for 8hrs a day"

:hugs

MarynMunchkins
03-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the hugs. :heart Today has been much better. :) I apologized last night and cuddled them all to sleep. Than I took a shower and cried. ;)

Doug was in a horrible mood Saturday, dh was in one Sunday, mine was yesterday, and Ana is in one today. I guess Colin's will be tomorrow and than we'll all be done with our :hissyfit. Than we can start working on the move.

Maggie
03-22-2005, 03:49 PM
:hug I've felt the same way. I'm glad today is better! :heart

Mother Duck
03-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Than we can start working on the move.

Moving is soooo stressful for all concerned. I know from exprience (almost 30 moves in 10 years, most of those with children :eek) that all of us have :hissyfit :hissyfit often. I try to remember to cut us all some slack, give lots of extra hugs (and to myself too) and get lots of rest.

:hug Glad that today was better.

allisonintx
03-22-2005, 09:45 PM

Cindy
03-23-2005, 06:28 AM
now the next step . . . Mom keeps working on making changes in her life to be a better mom.

I wanted to add... Mom doesn't have to do it alone!! Jesus is there for you with wide open forgiving arms. He wants to give you peace and restore your relationship with your kids.

Mary, I have SO been where you are many times in the past... and will probably be there in the future... One thing my husband often talks about is a "reset button". that you hit which restores the initial settings. I ttalk to my child, confess that I have done wrong, and ask her to forgive me... I console myself that she is learning a lesson about grace :blush You NEED to allow forgiveness to yourself. There is an Enemy out there who will accuse you, who will beat you into the ground and tell you you are a horrible Mama. He is a liar who wants to discourage you and destroy you. Don't listen to him! God made you the mother of your children, and He does not make mistakes :heart

I have also come to realise in my reading about spirited and high need children, that I myself am a very spirited person. I suspect I have some mild sensory issues. When I get tired, movement (like wiggly preschoolers) running around, jumping on the furniture, etc.,) and noises (like the continuous chatter of little squeaky voices...) can be painful to bear. FOr a while I would melt down right around 12 - 1 pm and the regularity was startling... I am trying hard to recognize the signs that I am becoming tired and overstimulated and put myself in a "time out" for rest and prayer.. It really has made a difference.

You are a GOOD mama who wants the best for your kids!! Here is your reset button...

This Busy Mom
03-23-2005, 09:34 AM
I know better, and I just let my emotions dictate my behavior. mad Why do I do stuff like this?! I know better... bang head

You know what? If you have a bunch of bull headed hotties like we do in my family, then let it go, forgive yourself, and try again later. AND when you DO get to the point that you don't react, don't be surprised if they get out of control. They are LOOKING for the bottom line... the bottom line is mom get really ticked off... so we (what the kids are thinking) won't go that far. You have to figure out how to enforce the boundaries without loosing it.

I'll tell you my story of the past couple weeks and you'll feel better... lol.

Christa

mummy2boys
03-24-2005, 03:52 AM
:grouphug

TulipMama
03-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey. . . How are you doing today?

*hug*

Thinking of you. . .

MarynMunchkins
03-24-2005, 10:58 AM
:mrgreen Y'all are thinking of me! :heart

Today is much better. It's 68 outside :highfive, and spring has officially sprung. We've been spending a lot more time outside lately, and we're actually going to the park with another GCM momma later today. :cool

I had a friend give of tons and tons of moving supplies, so we aren't stressed about finding boxes and stuff anymore. I talked to dh about the money situation, and he's not worried. We have some money saved, and we'll be fine.

So now that I'm not as stressed out ;) I'm doing better. We also implemented a chore chart and an allowance, which gets them picking up their own stuff and is easier for me. :tu Of course, Ana is also pitching a fit on my lap :rolleyes But she's the only one...;)