PDA

View Full Version : Progesterone cream recommendations needed pls

PurpleButterfly
03-21-2005, 06:15 PM
I am at my wits end with mainstream doctors. Even the supposed osteopath I went to hasn't come through - the bf'ing thing threw her off. How disappointing and frustrating that she hasn't even called back. :/

I do know that I need progesterone supplementation...and I remember others here suggesting specific brands. May I ask again for anyone who has a good recommendation to share? Pretty please?

I'm either going to order online tonight or head to the HFS tomorrow...

TY mamas. :hearts

boonpnutsmom
03-21-2005, 09:07 PM
This is where I get mine, I love it.

http://www.sightamins.com/sdm.asp?pg=products&specific=jnpqhsf0

I have also used the wild yam from puritans pride...

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=365555EE9D954734A58CB1EC41C798AA&PID=193

Let me know if this is what you were looking for, I can give you soome more links if you need them. :heart

Irene
03-21-2005, 09:44 PM
oh (((((((((kym))))))))))))im so so so sorry you are going through this :(

mine is bezwecken Progonol. I got it from the NP. LOVE IT changed my life ;)

crunchymum
03-21-2005, 11:38 PM
:heart kym :heart

arbbone has progesterone cream that i've heard people sear by (the one without soy) and i get mine at homefirst.com. it's really wonderful and ultra natural.

i hear your frustration, mama... :hug

PurpleButterfly
03-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Thank you all so much!!!! I have been reading some great articles by Dr. Lee and Arbonne is one that he recommends. I also have a mama friend who is in need of WAHM income and just became an Arbonne rep. :tu

:hearts Thank you again! :hearts

boonpnutsmom
03-23-2005, 03:49 PM
I had never heard of Arbonne until the other day I will have to check it out.

ChristmasGirl
03-23-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm glad you asked for this, because since the old board is down i lost all of the recommendations i got the first time around. So, do some progesterone creams have soy in them? i have to avoid soy because of being hypothryroid. does Abonne (sp?) have a website?

Also, i've read on the internet that it *is* possible to get an overdose of progestrone into your body. does anyone know if this is true or not?

crunchymum
03-23-2005, 04:54 PM
So, do some progesterone creams have soy in them?

YES! my mom gave me some progesterone cream for me to 'try' (her friend was getting rid of it, i think it was called pro-gest), and within 2 days i was a raging lunatic again. :eek i asked her to find out the base and she said soy. :eek :banghead

arbonnehave 2 creams: 1 with and one without soy. here's a link: arbonne international (http://www.arbonne.com/product_pages/product_naturalbalancing.htm). the kind with soy is called phyto prolief, the other is just prolief. i know a consultant if you're interested in ordering, or i think maybe someone here is one? :)

as far as overdose, i would imagine you could. on my jar it says some of the symptoms of too much is getting really drowsy.

musicmama
03-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Can you tell me how you use it and what you use it for?

ArmsOfLove
03-24-2005, 03:38 PM
My mom swears by Dr. Pensanti's (sp?) and she gets it at Walgreen's. I've used it before and it is really good.

PurpleButterfly
03-24-2005, 09:34 PM
I decided against the Arbonne because they give absolutely no information or ingredients on their website, and I need to get the stuff NOW. I went to the HFS and got Progesta-Care (made by life-flo), which is a wild yam (not soy) based bio-idential progesterone. It also has evening primrose oil and MSM, which I have also heard good things about from quite a few mamas. :)

Now I just need to figure out exactly what they mean in the instructions to use it on days 12 through 27 of my cycle. Does this mean 12 days after my cycle starts? Ends? Whah? :rolleyes

PurpleButterfly
03-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Can you tell me how you use it and what you use it for?

Some info from both the product brochure and my foggy brain....Bio-idential progesterone (hormone) replacement therapy is used as a solution for PMS, fibroids, infertility, menopause, irregular cycles, cyclical headaches and more. Most women have what is referred to as "estrogen dominance", due to an overabundance of estrogen and estrogenic substances in the food we eat and in our modern environment. Estrogen dominance has been proven to have a direct correlation in women with PMS, osteoporosis, breast cancer, and fibrocystic breasts, among other issues (including menopause problems). There's an excellent book by Dr. John R. Lee, called "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause", that goes into excellent detail about the importance of maintaining progesterone levels in the body.

Bio-identical (vs. synthetic) progesterone creams are generally made from either soybeans or Mexican wild yam (not the kind you eat), and processed along with other helpful ingredients into a cream or lotion that is rubbed into thin-skinned areas of the body (chest, abdomen, inner arms and inner thighs) for transdermal absorption into the bloodstream.

Here (http://www.life-flo.com/products/womens_wellness.asp) is what I bought today and more info about hormonal imbalance on the company's website. And here is a helpful article about progesterone cream (http://www.johnleemd.com/store/faqs_progest_crm.html) from Dr. Lee's website.

ETA this article (http://holisticvillage.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-582.html) that I just found and thought very helpful as well.

PurpleButterfly
03-24-2005, 09:57 PM
I think I just found the answer to my question...according to Dr. Lee's website:

Q: What is the recommended dosage of progesterone?

A: For premenopausal women the usual dose is 15-24 mg/day for 14 days before expected menses, stopping the day or so before menses.

For postmenopausal women, the dose that often works well is 15 mg/day for 25 days of the calendar month.

crunchymum
03-24-2005, 10:50 PM
here's some things that estrogen dominance can cause:

breast tenderness
cervical dysplasia
decreased sex drive
depression
endometriosis
fat gain - especially around
the abdomen, hips, & thighs
fatigue
fibrocystic breasts
fibroids
headeaches
hot flashes
infertility
insomnia
irregular menstrual periods
migraine headaches
miscarriages
mood swings
night sweats
osteoporosis
PMS
skin conditions (i.e. acne, seborrhea, Rosaceae, psoriasis, keratosis)
water retention
vaginal dryness

for me, after my cycle returned after ds was born, i had these bizarre rages... :cry i would scream and get all crazy on my kids, and then dissolve into a puddle of hysterical tears. :hissyfit i thought i was losing my mind, seriously. someone here recommended i try the natural progesterone cream. they say to wait 3 months to decide if it's working for you or not, i found relief immediately. for real. it was the weirdest thing ever... i know in my head that i was being all crazy, but i couldn't stop myself.... after i started the cream, all that felt like a bad dream... it was an amazing thing for me. i'm sure not everyone has the same reaction, but that was my miracle! :) i'm so greatful to the ladies here that pointed me in that direction! i thought i had that PMDD thing or whatever, and as naturally minded as i am, i would have gone on any drug at that point to help it. thank goodness, i didn't need to.... :tu

Irene
03-26-2005, 06:17 PM
same as above ;)