PDA

View Full Version : I want to shave my head

Irene
03-21-2005, 05:54 PM
and dip it in a vat of oil
:hissyfit :hissyfit :hissyfit :banghead

My head ITCHES like crazy.
I am going crazy with the itch. Dh wont let me shave my head, but ug its tempting and just rub cream all over it or something....

Here is what I have tried:
taking out all shampoos with laurel sulphites.
baby shampoo with lavender EO
I found some JASON Witch Vera I smear on my scalp as much as I can wiht all the hair in the way.
took out major food allergens.
dont shampoo every day, I shampoo Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. so the "natural oils" :rolleyes can get through

HELP

UltraMother
03-21-2005, 09:51 PM
I DO shave my head when it gets to be too much (and dh just pouts).I scrub my head with brown sugar body scrub andit helpsa bit.

righteous mama
03-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Hmmm, I get itchy, too. I usually use olive oil directly on my scalp...in a squeeze bottle. Then wrap my head in a towel. I sleep overnight with the oil on my head. In the morning I shower and wash it out. I also don't wash my hair everyday. It's too dry for that. I wash about twice a week...sometimes more, but on average only twice.

Irene
03-22-2005, 11:32 AM
i'll try the olive oil. dh suggested that too-beats shaving I guess ;)

cobluegirl
03-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Have you tried taking CLO or FIsh oil? It sounds like perhaps your skin is very dry, hense the itching, and some oils might really good for you. You can also take: Flax, Current, & borage oil.

Irene
03-22-2005, 05:51 PM
yes I take fish oil caps, I didnt list it because I dont really do it for my head, more for overall health, it makes sense though. why wouldnt it go away if I am taking my oil? ACK

KarenBoo
03-23-2005, 05:07 PM
My goodness that sounds awful! I must post to you somewhere else about allergies because I have to change something I said to you before, as I've changed my opinion on stuff. BUT, have you tried Borage Oil as a supplement and also topically? I know you are taking the fish oils, so this would need to be added addtionally. What about a moisturizing mud mask for your scalp?

I have some "natural" anti-itch cream from Derma-E, and it has tea tree oil in it. What about trying adding that to your current stuff.

:shrug :hug

MarynMunchkins
03-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Mayonaise works great if you're not allergic to eggs. :) Don't do Helmann's though - just blend an egg and some oil. :lol

Irene
03-23-2005, 07:52 PM
yeah, I am allergic to eggs :/ I was reading eggs are good for dry scalp, but dont think it would work if I was allergic to them :)
the would tea tree oil work if I added it to aloe? hmm

Mothering by Heart
03-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I was going to suggest ingesting oil, too. I take flax with pumpkin and borage. It has just about gone away.
I used to tell dh that I wanted to shave my head and rub it with a wire brush :mad

Irene
03-23-2005, 09:27 PM
I must post to you somewhere else about allergies because I have to change something I said to you before, as I've changed my opinion on stuff

what do you mean by this?

what is borage oil? I have never heard of it.

KarenBoo
03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
I've already PMed you about the allergy stuff. Borage oil supplies omega-6 fatty acid Gamma Linolenic Acid [GLA]. In my eczema studies, this comes up as a possible helper (like the DHAs and EPAs in fish oil). I haven't yet added this to my own supplements so I don't have a dosage for you. I have to add things one-at-a-time and evaluate. I have a long list of things to try, which is why Borage Oil hasn't made it to my supplements yet. However, I've been using a cream that contains Borage Oil, and DD's skin has responded favorably (but not miraculously) to it (or maybe it's my additional eliminations! :think :P)

Just had another idea - what about making a strong camomille tea and soaking your head with that. I don't think it would provide a long-term solution, but it might provide some short-term relief!

Irene
03-23-2005, 09:47 PM
thanks I just got your pm :blush Im not used to looking for them yet :O

thanks for the extra info.. maybe i will try the tea :P

Irene
04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
a bit of an update...

I talked to the NP when I saw him last. I told him everything I have done. I told him about it before, but I guess he just thought it would go away when I took my allergens out.

anyway, he took a look and said it looks like a detox type of thing :shrug I guess as my body is detoxing from everything its coming out my head :lol anyway, he gave me a tea to drink 5 times a day :eek :cup sipping away....

so hopefully it will work soon.... scratch scratch scratch. OH and to top it off, I have ringworm :eek which freaked me out but I guess its not really a worm, its yeast... which is still kinda gross :sick I am really a clean person I swear!!!! I feel like I have lice or something :blush

righteous mama
04-04-2005, 05:31 PM
:hug

I'm all itchy for you! I've had a permenant rash on my arms for years. The dr says it's allergies but can't figure out which allergy. My arms always are red and it's embarrassing. I just tried a homeopathic cream and it's helping a lot. I'll see if I can figure a way for you to use it on your scalp. :think

Laura
04-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Ooh, I'm itchy for you too. I had a shaved head for years, and it takes forever to grow back, so I wouldn't reccomend that. Also, it itches as the hair grows back in. I have no suggestions, just :hugs.

GodisGood
04-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Ummm what are you doing for the ring worm? It's HIGHLY contageous. Dexoting makes a lot of sense. Also, make sure your shampoo isn't made with your allergens! Eliminating those with parabens is a good idea as well.

Irene
04-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Is this the first time this has happened?

yes, but my body has been going through all sorts of interesting things this last year :/

Ummm what are you doing for the ring worm? It's HIGHLY contageous.
yikes :eek I didnt realize it was so contageous. I assumed so since its yeast :neutral I am putting some sort of ringworm/ jock itch :eek cream on it. already feels better. its just a small spot on my arm.

Also, make sure your shampoo isn't made with your allergens! good thinking! I do check all ingredients anyway cuz, well, thats what I do anymore ;) I almost used egg on my head before because I read it was good for itchy scalp but that would not have been a good idea :eek

Eliminating those with parabens is a good idea as well. huh? :shrug please explain :mrgreen

GodisGood
04-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I have an article on my site that discusses 10 synthetic ingredients to avoid. It's a :wow! www.nurturemama.com/10_synthetic_cosmetic_ingredients_to_avoid.pdf (http://www.nurturemama.com/10_synthetic_cosmetic_ingredients_to_avoid.pdf)

Or click on this link http://nurturemama.com/detail.aspx?ID=541 and then go to the bottom for the article.

Irene
04-06-2005, 08:18 PM
okay thanks... I cant get there right now, but I am only using natural shampoos and soaps and make my own cleaners and doing the whole "natural" thing right now anyway ;) I will look on your site some more :)

righteous mama
04-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Irene, I just remembered that a few months ago I splurged on a new brush. It has natural bristles on it and I noticed immediately that my hair and scalp felt better. I got mine at a Whole Foods. Maybe you could find one and give it a try. :)