PDA

View Full Version : The reason was right in front of my face....

Katherine
03-21-2005, 04:36 PM
:doh I am an idiot! The last few days to a week have been AWFUL... absolutely horrible.

Excessive physical aggression and detachment from my 3yo, and I have gotten more and more worn down, frazzled, frustrated, discouraged, and REACTIVE. Here I am posting about my rough day and how much I need encouragement and so on.... then I went in to the kitchen to wash dishes and it HIT me like a ton of bricks (mainly b/c I saw his little dinosaur mask and the tubing, etc waiting to be washed)

He had to go back on breathing treatments a week ago, and he just stopped them yesterday! Hello?! Did my brain just check out and go on vacation? No wonder he's been over the top... How did I not realize this? How could I have been so angry with him? :blush :cry

HUGE sigh.. :idea :) This gives me hope for the future. :lol Just goes to show... it's always worth while to stop and think about the underlying reasons for behavior.

Irene
03-21-2005, 05:29 PM
you know, I do things like that too, Im like, OH DUH! I hate that and it really makes me feel like some big idiot! its hard to remember sometimes. it is a good reminder though that we need to look under it all instead of thinking this kid is out to get me :) hope he feels better soon!

ArmsOfLove
03-21-2005, 06:36 PM
:hug well I'm glad you remembered now :)

Allison
03-21-2005, 07:08 PM
It's always something that you can bet is making them feel badly! I find that, too. Drew is much more agreeable when all is well. Not that he's completely happy to do anything and everything, but you know what I mean!

phermion
03-22-2005, 09:04 AM
:hug I'm so there with you....but it's better to get the :idea late than never. Kwim? :)

Katherine
03-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Yep, you're right. I find it easier to give myself a break if I can identify a reason why I need one. :lol Weird, I know... maybe it's my legalist background.

ChristmasGirl
03-22-2005, 12:23 PM
:hug I always dread ds needing to go on Albuterol/Prednisone for any period of time :banghead because he just goes over the top...hyper, resistant, agressive, he is just NOT his usual agreeable laid back self. Glad you put two and two together. Hopefully this week will be better for you :tu