PDA

View Full Version : Anybody burn incense at home?

MidnightCafe
03-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Mmmm...I hadn't burned any since I was pregnant...until yesterday. I was concerned about certain scents being too strong for DD. Yesterday I got the patchouli cones out that have been hiding in my dresser & it just smells heavenly in here. DD is totally fascinated, too. She thinks we're having a campfire in the house. :mrgreen We also have campfire scented incense...and sage. I can't wait to try them all again.

Anybody else?

phermion
03-21-2005, 02:30 PM
I haven't yet, but my SIL sent me some for my birthday - sage, cucumber, peppermint and cocoa butter. :) I'm not sure when the best time to burn them.... :shrug

MidnightCafe
03-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Burn incense when taking a bath for some great relaxation. Or when praying or meditating. Or when sitting down with a cup of tea after cleaning your house...to add to the beautiful ambiance.

DH & I really liked incense before I was pregnant. Smells bothered me a lot then. Before that we'd burn incense if we were reading together or having a romantic evening or just hanging around the house listening to music.

jghomeschooler
03-21-2005, 04:46 PM
I would, but ds is WAY too mischievious, and he likes to grab my incense sticks even when they are burning. If I light one, he just pulls a chair up to the counter and won't let it rest until I've put it out or it finally burns out. <sigh>.
Jenn

BeckaBlue
03-21-2005, 05:17 PM
I burn it in the bathroom almost daily, diapers start smelling quick!! lol! I like rose, but i need to get some others cuz im almost out

crunchymum
03-21-2005, 11:53 PM
i do when dh is not here.... he hates it! :rolleyes

MamaBeth
03-22-2005, 12:16 AM
No, but I'll often have scented candles going.

righteous mama
03-22-2005, 12:26 AM
I burn whatever I can! :lol Mostly Aroma Naturals candles and Nag Champa incense. I love to burn incense when I'm working on homework or cleaning the house. I put on some good chick music...or some world music...and get a lot done.

ShangriLewis
03-22-2005, 01:40 AM
We use the Nag Champa too..I find that if I leave Evan for a while..he will often clean up the house and burn insense. It makes him feel clean.

MidnightCafe
03-22-2005, 05:37 AM
I burn whatever I can!

What is it with humans & our fascination with fire? :mrgreen

It's fun to learn about what the rest of you do. I don't know anyone is real life who burns incense in their home.

LadyBird
03-22-2005, 05:55 AM
If I didn't have asthma I would....I love the smell. But I pretty much stick with candles. They aren't as bothersome to me. However I still believe the best thing is opening all the windows and airing out the house.....but only when the air isn't full of feelot smell lol. :think

Mother of Sons
03-22-2005, 08:35 AM
nt

MidnightCafe
03-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Mother of Sons, not to de-rail the thread, but HELLO!! It's good to see you here!!

mummy2boys
03-23-2005, 04:10 AM
I do...I love the smell and it has a calming effect on the kids sometimes