PDA

View Full Version : Need strep throat help

tempus vernum
03-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Dh has strep again for the 2nd time this month. He is on antibiotics AGAIN but I remember Marcella posting a natural remedy - either grapefruit or garlic. I think it was Marcella? Please help! The doc says he is still getting it cuz either the strain is hard to get rid of or someone he is exposed to regularly is carrying it!

I'd like to add the home remedy to his antibiotic and also have the kids and I do some so that we either don't get sick or get rid of it if it is dormant in our systems :(

allisonintx
03-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Garlic is a great strep killer.

We just had it ourselves, and I used colloidal silver with the children and Garlic on the grown ups ;)

We got better a little bit faster (a day or two) than the children, but the silver is so easy to slip in their water or give them in a spray bottle to spray their toncils.

OneSillyMommy
03-22-2005, 10:15 AM
grapeseed extract. works awesome, put a few drops in a glass of water and gargle, several times a day. tastes nasty, but works soooo fast and good. overnight there was a huge imporvment when my dh had strep

righteous mama
03-22-2005, 11:17 AM
OK, this is what I did. I personally took Shaklee's Garlic, but you could do any good garlic. I took 2 caps four times a day. I tasted garlic, I smelled garlic...but, I healed faster than my BIL who took antibiotics.

Now, I have a new weapon...oregano oil. It whoops anything! I'd actually consider this because you put four drops in some water. I use a small amount of water so it's almost like a shot or two. The stuff burns and tastes horrible, BUT it works. Especially for strep, you are swallowing it and it is touching all those infected areas of your throat. The lady at Mother's told me to take 4 drops, 3 x's a day. I did that and it knocked whatever was in me, out of me. I also now take it at the first sign of anything and it keeps me from getting anything.

The oregano oil you can get in dropper form at a health food store...garlic, I'm sure you know where to get a good one.

I pray he feels better! That's the pits having Strep!