PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have high school students?

Sandy
03-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Anyone else in the high school group yet? I have one graduating (see our success story!) and another who will be a freshman next year. Thought it would be interesting to see who else is in this group and what materials you're using.

We'll be doing:
SMARR Introduction to Literature (they have a wonderful list of books!)
Apologia Chemistry
Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1
Geography (Runkle)
Bible--study of courtship vs dating
Band--saxophone
Spanish
Vocabulary from Classical Roots A and B (we're late starting this!)

Leslie
03-21-2005, 10:44 AM
I loved your success story!!

I have a ninth grader. We're using Ambleside Online (he's been doing AO for 5 years), Apologia science, Math-U-See and an online Latin class. He also takes piano lessons.

rachel
03-21-2005, 04:36 PM
My daughter is in 9th. This year we used Apologia Biology. Jacob's Algebra. She's reading America's Providential History and will be doing some reading up on PA state history as well before the year is out. For English she is doing study guides (includes vocabulary), right now she is finishing up Jane Eyre. To keep up on her grammar, she writes short stories, reports, journaling and such. She is learning to play guitar (my husband & I both play, so we've been teaching her) and likes to sing. For PE, she likes to skateboard and has an exercise routine that she does 3x/week. She reads the Bible on her own, but I need to do some in depth Bible studies with her. She also read several books on purity and courtship. I think that's it!

Chris3jam
03-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I used to have a high schooler. He's 21 now. We used Bob Jones all the way (I didn't know much else).

lotsomama
04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Umm, I have one and a half :think (we don't know about younger one who is technically Jr hi skipping a year)

10th Grader
Saxon Advanced Mathmatics
Apologia Chemistry
Skills for Rhetoric/Tools for Poetry and Prose
Great Books for History/Lit
Henle First Year Latin
HS Bible Class at Church
PE will continue working toward black belt in Te Kwon Do (She should finish brown and start red by the end of the year)
Art with grandma who makes her living as a painter

8th Grader
Saxon Algebra 2
Apologia Chemistry
Skills for Rhetoric/Tools for Poetry and Prose
Great Books for History/Lit
Henle First Year Latin
HS Bible Class at Church (if she skips - its only for high school kids) or we will go with personal study/journaling
PE will continue working toward black belt in Te Kwon Do (She should finish brown and start red by the end of the year)
Art with grandma who makes her living as a painter

They both want to make a movie next year too. I'm not sure how I'm gonna work that one.