PDA

View Full Version : Who has pre-high school students?

Sandy
03-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Thought it might be nice to have a roll call and see who's here. You might tell us a bit about what kinds of materials you use as well.

At the moment, I have a preschooler, Nat, and an 8th grader, Wesley. I don't use any kind of special materials for preschool at the moment. For next year, I have some Rod and Staff books, Singapore early bird math and a trace-it writing board to start writing.

Wes currently uses:
Videotext Algebra 1
Apologia Biology
SAT prep books for Vocab
Various whole lit books (at the moment that's A Midsummer Night's Dream)
A History of US (Hakim series)

Leslie
03-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I have an 8 year old and a 12 year old, they're doing Ambleside Online Years 3 and 5. We also use Math-U-See. I think that about covers it. Oh, wait--the 12 year old also takes piano lessons.

Quietspirit
03-21-2005, 11:56 AM
We just began homeschooling our 10 year old this week. :tu See link below for what we're using! :)

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=988.0

mamame
03-21-2005, 06:27 PM
My 12 year old is doing core 7 from Sonlight, Saxon Algebra 1/2, Apologia General Science, Rosetta Stone Spanish and .......oh yeah! SOS Language 7. :)

I did a pretty similar program for my other daughter last year for 8th grade but just the next grade up. She's now in public high school because it was really time for me to send her. She has ADD and was just no longer motivated to pay attention. Her first 2 semesters at school were really tough but all her teachers see a big improvement this semester! We're thrilled and she's feeling pretty darned good about herself!