PDA

View Full Version : Homemade JoeyBunz

doubleblessings
03-21-2005, 07:08 AM
DH was home during the day last week and I was able to make some hemp stuffers for my FuzziBunz. :mrgreen I had one Joey Bunz and I used it as a pattern. I ordered 3 yards of Hemp Jersey from Hemptraders and I will get 9 (I have made 4 so far) stuffers with 6 layers each. With shipping it will be less than $3 a piece and they were so easy. I may look for a co-op to buy some more hemp (probably cheeper).

DogwoodMama
03-21-2005, 07:09 AM
That's awesome! Do you have a serger or how did you sew them? :)

kris10s
03-21-2005, 07:19 AM
I totally need to do that!

2sunshines
03-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Wow, that is great!

I love joeybunz...

doubleblessings
03-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Yes I have a serger. It is in need of repair. I can't adjust one of the tension dial, but it still works ok for regular stuff. It won't do a rolled hem now. I am afraid it will cost as much to fix as to buy a new one (it is not an expensive one) so I am waiting and may just replace it someday.

kris10s
03-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Hmmmm... I wonder how I could make a good insert serger-less....

doubleblessings
03-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Well, they don't have to look pretty (you are stuffing them in a pocket ;)) so you just need them to stay together and not ravel. I think you could just zigzag or some machines have an overlock stitch. If you did just rectangles instead of the countour shape, you could fold them so that there were no raw edges exposed and stitch the layers together.

Radosny Matka
03-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I have done this too, and it's sooooo cheap. I actually copied a happy heiny insert, but have recently come up with my own design that I like best. ;) I don't have a serger and just did a zig zag stitch on the edges. Works great, and once washed and fluffed, you can't even tell the difference (unless you study it really closely).

Larissa
03-31-2005, 12:08 PM
You could also sew them inside out so the only seam would be on one of the small ends.

I am going to make my own hemp inserts as well. I got some hemp from a co-op,....I am waiting for it to arrive. I have a bunch of material on order...just waiting for it to get here.