PDA

View Full Version : As I was sitting here typing about my timeout corner...

boonpnutsmom
03-20-2005, 08:37 PM
the kids come in to the house and ask me if they can watch a movie. The big problem here was they were playing with a friend and she is still here, and I asked if they had invited her in also. They said no shes outside with Daddy. NOW THAT IS JUST RUDE!!!, I told them CALMLY no you can't watch a movie right now. They both threw huge fits right there. I called Gary inside and asked him if I was wrong in doing this, in the meantime the kids went backoutside and said something to their friend, and she left. Now I feel really hurt, they do not have many friends, and whenever this one girl does come over, they end up ignoring her. This is not right. I don't know what to do about it.

phermion
03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
I have a 7 and a 6 yr also -and sometimes they just need to be reminded about how someone else might feel left out. They aren't being mean -they just didn't think about it, so we work on remembering. ;) I just would have reminded them that they need to include their guest as a good host would - even if that meant me calling the girl's mother tomake sure she is allowed inside and that she can watch whatever movie the kids have chosen together. We have company a lot so we have been working on good hosting skills for a while. My kids seem to do well, until there are more than 2 others - then it can get wild and feelings are more likely to get hurt, etc. Hth! :)