PDA

View Full Version : Any other Flybabies here?

Kasi
03-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Anyone else plugging along following FlyLady's (http://www.flylady.net) advice...from her book, website or emails?

erinee
03-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh, I try. I have a control journal all put together, but I have trouble actually doing it. I just bought the MOTHs book, and I'm going to use that and schedule in my Flylady tasks. I hope the combination of the two things will work for me! I have such a hard time getting motivated.

Kasi
03-20-2005, 03:24 PM
LOL! You're a step ahead of me, Erin! I haven't even ventured to do a control journal yet (and I've been a Flybaby for 2 years :blush ). I do all I can to manage to clear my Hot Spots and do the Zone Missions. :shifty

DogwoodMama
03-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Ummm.... sort of. I have morning, afternoons and sometimes evening routines that I do. I read her book and her website. But I don't have my routines written down and I'm not implementing everything. I think things would go a lot more smoothly if I did though!

erinee
03-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, yes, but making the control journal was so much more FUN than actually clearing hot spots and doing zone work. ;) I spent all my time doing that, and now I enjoy opening up and looking at how nice it looks and what I'm probably going to end up NOT again doing today! :blush

jengi33
03-20-2005, 04:58 PM
I try, but have seriously been failing since being pregnant. Come take a look at my house and you will understand how bad I've failed over the last several months! I did have my kitchen sink and counters cleaned last night though before bed, and how nice that was to see this morning when I got up for coffee :cup :)

ACboysmom
03-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Have been a flybaby since last summer - emphasis on BABY. I have a long way to go. Have most of my control journal. Have morning and evening routines. Still have so much to do and learn. But I take naps with ds a lot too, so I just will have to keep taking baby steps. :O

crunchymum
03-20-2005, 11:30 PM
me! :mrgreen

like the other ladies, i try! my home is so much more peaceful when i do.... it's a different house than it was before flylady, though! i've come a loooooong way, baby! :)

phermion
03-21-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm fluttering along as well. :) I started out with a HUGE control journal..and am currently down to one the size of a spiral index card notebook - ok..it IS a spiral index card notebook. :lol Put colored tabs on that baby and Voila!! Actually, I stole the idea from another Fly Baby in my local group. I think the thing that keeps me so motivated is that we have a very active local group IRL that posts a lot on our yahoo group. We meet at least once a month and sometimes twicefor lunch. It keeps us going, esp. for those with a tendency for martyrdom. :eek :lol I've been with Fly Lady for two years now and Dh is a happy fluttering guy. (this morning he suggested he put his own clothes away!!! :wow :highfive) Anyway...my fav. part was probably making my journal, but I sure do love a shiny sink!! :mrgreen

MidnightCafe
03-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I pop over to the website to check out the zone for the week & Kelly's Missions. Sometimes I do them. Sometimes not, but I loosely follow the method. I regularly declutter & have fallen into fairly regular morning & evening routines.

fourbygrace
03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I have been a flybaby for about 3 years and am still a baby, :blush but I have had two babies in those 3 years, so I am giving myself grace for my lack of progress. I have most of my clutter under control, but my desk, nightstand and school table are HOT Spots.

I am redoing my control journal presently, but I am pretty good with my morning routine. I am not an evening person, so I am still struggling with my evening routine, but usually complete the main stuff like kitchen clean up. I have a weekly plan that I try to follow. Zones are my weakness.

Our house is up for sale, so that has really motivated me to keep up as I never know if someone will come for a showing that day.

Keep fluttering!
Blessings,
Mary

ReadingMommy
03-21-2005, 07:56 PM
ME ME ME ME! I'm new to it, almost 6 weeks now and I'm SO HAPPY! My house is not giving me a neckache anymore! My girls are such good cleaner uppers! Our attitudes have been adjusted, we love it all! It takes discipline to keep up, but it is so so so so worth it to me! Dh is so much more helpful, without me nagging! :D

I have to say one more thing, it is ABSOLUTELY amazing what you can do in 15 minutes! :laughtears

CakeLady
03-22-2005, 11:21 AM
I did it everyday, until I had DD...now it just seems like so much work. Of course, the house could benefit from me starting back up...but I love playing with DD.

katiekind
03-22-2005, 06:23 PM
I get the flylady emails but I only do as much as I feel like. I don't think I have ever done the whole enchilada, but even the little that I have taken from her system has been of great benefit, particularly the attitudes--for example thinking of the weekly hourlong cleaning thing as a "home blessing" --wow! Thinking in terms of doing something for 15 minutes helps me a lot. I don't think of myself as a perfectionist, but she really nailed some of my attitudes that keep me from getting stuff done.

I also signed up for the menu-mailers and that has been a big, big help to me.

mummy2boys
03-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Yep another one here....although my Dh wonders why I need to be more organised.... :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

CakeLady
03-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Yep another one here....although my Dh wonders why I need to be more organised.... :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

HeHeHe.....mt DH says the same thing.

Peepsqueak
03-24-2005, 10:49 AM
I did Flylady but I am too lazy to do it now....I am tired from working full time and then coming home, so I depend much on the kids to pick up after themselves now and just do what I can. However, I will be rejoining because I bought the conrol journal, joined the email list, and want to get a feather duster...do any of you have one and is it any good? I did the Savings Dinner menu and it was good. It got a little repetitive, but I liked having my menus sent to me every week and all I had to do is shop and make them. They were fairly easy to do.

Too much to think about...all this... :think :think

crunchymum
03-24-2005, 11:14 PM
i have the dusters and love them... (as much as you can love a feather duster! :lol) dd likes to 'help', it's cute.

i did the menu mailer, too... oh how i hate making up menus and shopping for them, so it was right up my alley... i'm still recycling the ones i have! ;)

every little habit that i've learned is helpful to me... even though i don't do everything. :) i really would like to work on our routines... that's the weak spot for me. :blush

Teribear
03-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Me! Me! Me!

As a matter of fact I'm on a break right now. LOL!

I'm still working hard on decluttering (not easy with a houseful of packrats) and building my routines. I got kind of side tracked after our vacation. But I'm babystepping my way back.

Right now I'm in the middle of re-arranging DD's bedroom. I have to do it 30/15 ... 30 minutes working/15 minutes resting or I'll burn myself out. I'll have it completed for her to go to bed tonight I think...maybe. LOL!

But yeah, I LOOOOOOVE FLYLady and I just ordered both Leann's books off Amazon...should arrive tomorrow.

Piper2
03-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Me too! I'm trying to follow as best I can, but I think I'm going to wind up having to do a major crisis clean sometime within the next couple of weeks because my IL's are coming for a visit on the 9th! :eek But I do have a short (very short) morning routine and I'm making sure I get the dishes squared away and the sink shined every night.

Terri, I think we might have a FlyLady night for our homeschool conference slumber party this year instead of a Dr. Who night (but we'll still watch IC ;))!