PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sling

Roma
03-19-2005, 03:54 PM
So what is your favorite sling?

I started with an OTSBH and really liked it at first, but then it was just too hot in the summer and as DS got bigger I changed to a
Maya Wrap and I love it. I carry him on the front, on the side, on my back. :hearts

2sunshines
03-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I only have the OTSBH. :/

Wish I had more but my youngest will be 2 next month so I can't justify buying another one now... :blush

If we have another, I will definitely be in the market. I like my OTSBH but I think that there are so many nicer ones out there....

Wholly Mama
03-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Hmmmm...this is a hard one. I think I have about 7 different slings now. Each one has it's own specific use.
My favorite around the house is my wrap - I can get so much more done when she's snug as a bug in a rug on my back.
My favorite on-the-go is my maya - it's easy to put on and nurse discreetly, it's versatile and has a pocket that I use as my purse!

cornflower
03-19-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm an OTSBH fan. Yes, it has its drawbacks, but I find it much more comfortable than my Maya. I also have an EllaRoo that I'm waiting on another baby to get good use out of. It is very comfortable with my 2yo, but she wants to get up and down, up and down so much that it isn't as practical for me to use a tie-on sling. :)

Mamaka
03-19-2005, 06:07 PM
I found a "Dr Sears sling" before ds was born that we used for the 1st year. It was fine, did what we needed and was easy to use.

We since got a Maya wrap :tu and I really love it. I've even carried my almost 40# ds through airports with it and had no problems.

kris10s
03-19-2005, 08:44 PM
I have a homemade unpadded ring sling that I love, I am in the process of making a pouch, and I just sold my baby bjorn to buy an ergo :o)

Punkie
03-19-2005, 09:03 PM
My favorite is my hotsling. My maya always slipped on me, even though I tried every trick mentioned :P I think it was just from the way that my babies like to be positioned.

The Tickle Momster
03-19-2005, 11:49 PM
It totally depends on what I'm doing & how old baby is. For newborns, general use, I LOVE my adjustable fleece pouch. For toddlers who just need to be close to momma while she has stuff to do, I like my wrap. I am looking forward to trying a wrap with a newborn soon!

BeckaBlue
03-21-2005, 08:42 AM
I like mine, lol! an adjustable pouch sling w/ open tail. i also made an unadjustable pouch, and since i made it to fit me its not so bad, but i ddint like others i tried

DogwoodMama
03-21-2005, 08:45 AM
My current sling is an unpadded ring sling with a pleated shoulder I bought from Jan Andrea at www.slepingbaby.net. :)

I want to get an Ergo so dh can wear dd too!

UltraMother
03-21-2005, 08:18 PM
My slings are several years old, made by Hygeia Halfmoon, custom-fitted. I don't know what they are comparable to now, and I have no idea how to find her, but I like them much better than the ring slings (I had whatever Sears was selling).

blessedmomof4
03-21-2005, 10:33 PM
A 5yd piece of cloth that you tie for different holds. :tu http://www.mamatoto.org/ is a great site w/ pics and how-to's. :)

I started with the NoJo and now I hate it. I'll never go back to another type of sling now that I use this way.

BlessingsX4
03-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I love my maya wrap!

Kaz
03-22-2005, 04:18 AM
Glad to hear folks say they like their Maya because I just ordered one online, should arrive any day now. :D I'm a bit naughty as I already have a Wilkinet (UK brand) and a back carrier. But I've had good use out of them so far. Also got a matching Maya for Eva for when she's bigger and can copy me. Anyone's little one do that?

Garnet
03-22-2005, 07:36 AM
mine is from www.mypreciouskid.com but I'd like to try a rebozo sling.

churchpunkmom
03-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I got my first one from www.Nestmom.com - they now sell Maya wraps.

I got a new one for my birthday from here http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/sarongslings.html and I LOVE it. They are in Singapore and when converted, the price comes out to about $20! That was the cheapest I could find. :tu

I just got an Ella Roo wrap too, and I love using that around the house and for walks. I mostly use my sling at church and at stores and other "on the go" stuff. :mrgreen

jenabear
03-24-2005, 03:13 PM
I have a kissaluvs sling and I like that one pretty well. They don't make them anymore and I've never tried a different one.

Mama Calidad
03-24-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm a rebozo fan. I'm used to it...and it's a long-standing family tradition on DH's side. :mrgreen

Garnet
03-24-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm jealous, I want one! I saw a sling in a magazine somewhere that had a piece that was like a back brace? it wrapped all around your back, up to your shoulder. Its a take off of asian baby carriers, I guess. I wish I knew what it was called, it looks comfy! But I am big on multitasking, and less fusss, which is why I like the rebozo.

tui_song
03-29-2005, 02:11 AM
I have a padded sling and a homemade unpadded one. I like them both, but I'm still searching for my favourite.

Also got a matching Maya for Eva for when she's bigger and can copy me. Anyone's little one do that?

My dd carries her dolls around in the pouch I made for her. :) The other day she nabbed a pair of my underpants and used them as a sling! :lol

Garnet
03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm also really loving Amber~joy's slings, the look like a fashion accesory! :heart

Spyder
04-03-2005, 11:46 AM
My favorite sling/wrap ever is my Ella Roo. :mrgreen

catholicapmom
04-04-2005, 03:54 AM
I have a homemade unpadded ring sling that I love, I am in the process of making a pouch, and I just sold my baby bjorn to buy an ergo :o)

are you using a pattern or are you good enough that you can invent one? :lol i'd like to make one, but i'm not sure what i want to make :think

kris10s
04-04-2005, 06:57 AM
I looked at a few patterns online to help me. I padded the leg rail without instructions, but I did experiment a bit.

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=1513.0

This thread has links and a picture!

Laura
04-04-2005, 01:31 PM
My favorites are the unpadded ring slings I make, but I like my woven wrap too. I'm waiting for our new ergo to come too, and I can't wait. I feel like we need something else now that babybear is over 20 lbs. The ring sling makes me ache when I carry her for a really long time now.. I hope the ergo will be what we need.

joyfuljourney
04-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm in Australia, so for any other ozzie Mums...
My favourite is the Comfy Carry made by Cairns Midwifery.
I saw a lady in the supermarket with one that I will investigate- looked really comfy for a newborn called Gentle Nest.