PDA

View Full Version : freecycle

iplsmama
03-19-2005, 01:38 PM
What's the URL for this website where you share stuff. Our computer has crashed and I don't think it is that simple is it. No making fun of me okay :lol

Allison
03-19-2005, 02:33 PM
http://www.freecycle.org/
Here you are!

iplsmama
03-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't totally obvious- I knew it wasn't ".com". Thanks Allison

Allison
03-20-2005, 06:35 AM
No problem! :-)

Mama Bird
03-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Oh, man! I love freecycle. I just scored a school size chalkboard with attached bulleting board for our homeschool. I've cleared out some junk, and gotten some clothes for my children. It's a great resource!

purstrength
03-20-2005, 10:40 AM
I love freecycle! :D I've gotten all kinds of things! Our local area also made a "cheapcycle" and its kind of like an online yard sale! I got brand new gerber vinyl diaper covers for a buck...four of them! :lol

Tamara
03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Just made my first huge offers on freecycle--a refrigerator, dishwasher, screen door, and full mattress. I hope people come get them...

Lantern Light Mama
03-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Silly question ....

Can you give a dog away on Freecycle? Lol, I know how silly it sound but Kiwi needs a new home with a family that has a nice yard, and a LOT of time. You think they'd get me for posting that one? :shifty

Tamara
03-20-2005, 05:33 PM
You can at our group, but I think some groups don't allow it. Ours had a poll to decide.

MamaKanga
03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't think our group allows pets to be posted...

AmyDoll
03-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Yup, that's one of the ones that's up to the mods. We just had a dog offered on ours - but another guy got FLAMED big time for posting a *wanted* of a dog - so we allow OFFERS but not WANTEDS

Check with your Mod.

XOXO Amy

Krystyne
03-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Yup, that's one of the ones that's up to the mods. We just had a dog offered on ours - but another guy got FLAMED big time for posting a *wanted* of a dog - so we allow OFFERS but not WANTEDS

Check with your Mod.

XOXO Amy

I think posting wants is good. Often times someone will post something they want and I have it. It never would have occured to me that someone would want it. I get so overwhlemed de-cluttering that its easier for me to see what people want.

Heather Micaela
03-21-2005, 03:07 AM
cool webstie - I bookmarked ti for later> :smile

BeckaBlue
03-21-2005, 07:27 AM
I haven't gotten anything that had been posted, gave away some foods i didnt need and posted a *needed* and got a bread machine and juicer!!

stinky enough i (or, actually, ds) sent the juicer into flames before i got to use it, and i dont know if we ruined it yet or not :blush id feel bad posting another need for it, lol!!!!

ours allows offers on pets, ive not seen a wanted, but lots of posting about ppl being annoyed about all the wanteds posted. apparently theres a rule now that you hafta post an offer before you can post a want

AmyDoll
03-21-2005, 02:16 PM
I think posting wants is good. Often times someone will post something they want and I have it. It never would have occured to me that someone would want it. I get so overwhlemed de-cluttering that its easier for me to see what people want.

Oh yeah - that's totally true!! We're having *Wanted Wednesdays* now, encouraging people to really post some good wanteds. I was only talking about *pets*

We've gotten some really fun and good stuff from Freecycle. Ours is getting big now and ya gotta be QUICK!

Amy

Charity
03-21-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm hoping to get a big bag of clothing for my girls today from freecycle. This will be the first thing I've gotten on there. I love freecycle.

OnlyBelieve
03-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I loooove it too. Just gave away a big bag of boy's clothes and waiting on some other people to come pick up their stff I posted this morning!!

Tara
03-21-2005, 04:57 PM
I love Freecycle. The best thing I got was my sons twin bed. It's the kind with a headboard with shelves & the bottom part has 3 drawers. It is WAY nicer than I ever would have expected.

eoconnel
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I started not too long ago and I am always too late to get the stuff I want. :hissyfit