PDA

View Full Version : Guess what DH just brought home for me?

Piper2
03-18-2005, 09:34 AM
He took the day off today to work on our bathroom renovation, but this morning he took the van to get it washed and vacuumed. While he was waiting, he walked over to the health food store next door and found some KAL Stevia powder (my favorite brand) and bought me 2 jars of it! :D I had NO idea anybody local carried it, but now I do! ;)

I've already had my coffee this morning, but now I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning. :cup Wild Oats has had the NOW Stevia on backorder for weeks, and I've been having to settle for packets (which isn't pure extract), xylitol (which isn't sweet enough), or sugar (which tastes chemical-y to me now that I'm used to stevia).

I think I now have a new store to explore, too! ;)

Mama Calidad
03-18-2005, 09:38 AM
:clap :clap :clap for your DH! Renovating the bathroom and scoring the good stevia in one day ought earn him some major points. :lol

ArmsOfLove
03-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Oh, yeah, kudos to dh :highfive

righteous mama
03-18-2005, 11:51 AM
:lol Scoring good stevia! :laughtears

:thumbsup to your dh

Piper2
03-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh, and this is funny...DH and Kevin went out to look at the clean van a few minutes ago and found another "present". Somebody left an orange vacuum cleaner hose attachment in the van! :lol So I guess we'll be making an unscheduled stop to take it back when we go out later today. :D

musicmama
03-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I didn't know that about the packets! I'm gonna switch!

:tu

Piper2
03-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Well, the packets are OK (I used them when we traveled last Christmas). They're just not as potent, IMO, probably because they have maltodextrin or other stuff added to keep them from caking up, KWIM?

allisonintx
03-20-2005, 11:17 PM
:clap

Radosny Matka
03-21-2005, 12:06 PM
How thoughtful. Have fun exploring the new store.

MomTo7
03-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Oh' yea DH! :clap :clap :clap

KarenBoo
03-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Well that's great! Can you please tell me....how is it that you came to have a favorite Stevia? I really would like to make the switch, but I find that I can't get used to the Stevia. You are the first to mention a "favorite," which makes me think that maybe there's hope that I could find one I'd like. I sort of figured that Stevia was stevia, just like sugar is sugar, kwim? Anyway, thanks! :D

Piper2
03-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, maybe it's just in my head because it's the first kind I ever tried (and liked), but I think the KAL stevia is more potent without being as bitter. I tried the kind they sell at Kroger, and it didn't sweeten worth anything. I've also tried the Nu-Naturals (in the packets) and that was OK. I've been using Now brand extract powder because that's what they sell at Wild Oats, but they've been out of it for several weeks. The Now is my second favorite, and I'll use it if that's all I can find,, but now I don't have to settle for it anymore. :D

inesperada
03-23-2005, 05:34 PM
What a sweet dh you have. :clap :highfive I love finding new health food stores to explore. :)