PDA

View Full Version : warning, TMI- help!

crunchymum
03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
okay, so i have a question. i promised the person i would not devulge their name ;) but i need some advice...

someone i know has been complaining for a few days about, er, some pain in the rectal area. :blush they thought it was a hemmeroid (or however you spell it). they were in LOTS of pain and said they could feel "something" down there. then today, out of the blue when they were going to the bathroom, whatever it was popped. :eek :sick they said it smelled really bad and now it's bleeding... what in the world? do hemmeroids pop? i have no idea what to do. i told them to get a mirror to try to see what was going on, and they said now you couldn't see anything from the outside...it's more inside, kwim...

help? :(

schoolofmom
03-17-2005, 05:58 PM
If it's inside and it's bleeding, I would see a doctor pretty quickly. You don't want to mess around with colon-related problems. JMHO.

righteous mama
03-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Ooochie! Yes, I would see someone IMMEDIATELY! Even go to the emergency room if she can. I had a bad hem. after Beth was born 'cause she was so big and her head was so round. It bled a little, but I think I would've passed out if it had burst! Please tell her to get herself to an urgent care or ER asap.

Wholly Mama
03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Ewww, ouchie!!
I know someone who I cannot mention here who has problems "down there" too. Hemorhoids or it could be a pilonidal cyst (http://www.pedisurg.com/PtEduc/Pilonidal_Cyst.htm)? Dh had one removed in his early twenties. Makes me :sick to read or hear or think about it!!

tempus vernum
03-18-2005, 06:48 AM
Owie :wow I too would go to the doctor. Blood from the rectal area is nothing to mess around with. Then once you have a diagnosis, natural treatment and remedies can be researched. Hope and pray it's nothing serious!!!!!!!!!!!!

crunchymum
03-18-2005, 07:06 AM
thanks, you guys... 'the person' said that it's not too bad today and they want to wait i day or two before they go in... :rolleyes i showed them what you linked, amy, and they were like, :eek. so. i hope it's ok..... :(

allisonintx
03-20-2005, 11:14 PM
This could also have been a polyp and might be indicative of another, larger problem. Now I haven't taken alopathic medicine in YEARS but in a case like this, I'd have to go see someone and get cancer ruled out. It has a high cure rate, but it deadly if you ignore it.

crunchymum
03-20-2005, 11:27 PM
thank you ladies.... i'm worried. :( they said it's not getting worse, but not really better, either... what kind of doctor would you go to?

cobluegirl
03-20-2005, 11:30 PM
start with your regular md....they should be able to direct you as to where to go.....